♠️1♠️

•• LANI ••
I sat at on the barstool with my legs crossed sipping on my strawberry daiquiri.

I eyeballed the sweaty dancing crowd in disgust .

This was not my idea of a fun Saturday night , but since it was my bestfriend Aleeyah's birthday , I decided to step out with her.   

I personally would rather be on my couch in my nice comfy pj's chillin. But this was Aleeyah's choice .

" Lani come onnn, you've been sitting here the whole time. I just turned 21, I want to party and you're being a bore!" She said in my ear .

I chuckled at her and smirked . "Lee, look at them, they look gross." I said .

"No, they look like they're having a good time, unlike you."

"I am having a good time!" I lied .

She rolled her eyes at me and pulled me up by my arm .

"Just dance with me for a little and you can go back to being a debby-downer."

I shrugged my shoulders and rose from my seat, fixing my to tight skirt.

The song had just changed to something I had never even heard of but the beat was nice so on instinct I started swaying my hips .

"There you go Lani, swing them hips girl !" Aleeyah hollered .

I was feeling myself to be honest . I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought .

Aleeyah and I joined hands as the song continued and danced together .

"You got eyes on you." She said in my ear and nodded her head behind me .

I looked over my shoulder and sure enough, a tall , lightskin man was burning holes through my back . He was covered in tattoos, including one on his neck .

I myself was completely covered in tattoos so he sparked my interest . 

I raised my eyebrow and gave him a smirk before turning back to Leeyah.

"Is he still looking?" I asked .

"He's on his way over." She said as she walked away .

"Wait ! Aleeyah get over here , he might try to kidnap me!"

"Nah Baybeh , I  aint interested in alla dat na'" he chuckled .

I turned around slowly , my face flushed with embarrassment.

"Oh, you heard that.."

"No worries shawty." He said with a thick NOLA accent .

I nodded my head and continued to admire his tattoos.

"What brings a lady like you hea' to a place like this"

"It's my friends birthday." I said, crossing my arms . I still wasnt to sure of him .

"Don't frown shawty , it gives you wrinkles." He smiled .

"Come on lemme buy you a drink." He said as he tilted his head over towards the bar .

"No thanks , i've had enough and I gotta get home and get her home."

He laughed a little as I began to walk away .

I found Aleeyah at the bar, again.

"Come on Aleeyah , its late."

She rolled her eyes and grabbed her clutch .

"Soo who was mystery man?" She asked .

"Don't know, don't care." I said .

"You didn't even get his name ? Lani what the hell?"

"What?" I said .

"Are you ever gonna get a boyfriend?" She asked.

"I dont need a boyfriend Leeyah .. Im content with me, myself,and I . Now are you staying at my place orrr?"

She nodded her head and we caught a cab back to my 2 bedroom apartment .

A/n ; ehh decided to try something new , tell me if i suck 😂 tell me if i dont . 😊 luuh u baybeez.

-kay 💎