First day of being an Apprentice

It was a warm sunny day, and the two apprentices ran around the camp, filled with fresh green and plants.

"Hahaha! Let's go to Fogtail's den!" Cloverpaw instructed to his sister, Oakpaw, leading her the way.

"Hey! I know the way! I'm not a mousebrain!" She trudged ahead of him then ran to the medicine cats den.

"Wait for me!" The ginger cat called.

"Why hello, young ones." Fogtail purred, greeting them.

Oakpaw smiled, then looked at her brother.

Cloverpaw smiled back. His sister was gonna be a medicine cat one day! She had always been fascinated with herbs and curing others.

"Oakpaw, would you please go with me to get berries for Tabbytree's cold? His throat is very sore." The white and pale gray cat asked the apprentice.

She lit up. "Of course!"
The brown tabby turned to her brother. "You don't mind me going, right?"

Cloverpaw stared into her yellow eyes. "N-no... Not at all...!" He lied. There were no other apprentices in the camp. He knew that Riceclaw was going to have her kits apprentices soon, so it wasn't going to be forever.

"Okie! Thanks, Cloverpaw!" She nuzzled him quickly, then turned back to Fogtail.

"Let's goooo!" Oakpaw gleamed.

Fogtail nodded, and trotted to the camp exit,  Oakpaw happily alongside him.

Once they were gone, he let out a sigh and with his head down, he slowly walked out of the medicine cat's den.

"What's wrong? You don't seem the happiest..."

Cloverpaw realized he had bumped into a cat. He looked up.
Swiftstar stared down at the little cat.
"Well... Its just... Oakpaw is always out with Fogtail. There's not any other apprentices either." He looked down, shuffling his paws, hoping his leader would understand.

The leader paused, then nodded. "Ah, yes... but I heard Stripedberry was looking for you."

Cloverpaw perked his ears. He had forgotten his training! He raced out and  ran straight into the warrior's den. "Stripedberry! Stripedberry!"
He collided into two of the senior warriors while they were sharing tongues.

"Cloverpaw!"

Cloverpaw peered, and saw his mother, Bramblemoon running to him.
She frowned. "Apologize!" Bramblemoon waited.

Cloverpaw turned, embarrassed. He was acting like a kit.

Bramblemoon turned to the warriors. "I apologize for Cloverpaw."

Dustspots and Russetbranch nodded. "Its fine, Bramblemoon." Russetbranch replied.

"Kits." Dustspots purred, glancing at Russetbranch. He looked back, smiling.

Those two were sure to have kits one day... Cloverpaw thought.

"Now go find Stripedberry, before it gets too late in the day."

Cloverpaw nodded. It was his first day of being an apprentice, hopefully he would get better... He would.. right?