chapter 1

The walls of white, slowly darkening. Then suddenly turning gray. It all went black. Nothing but darkness.

Smiling and laughing is something I am good at, and every one who knows me know this. All my friends would describe as the happiest person you'll meet. We were all sitting at the lunch table, every one was laughing at something. My chin was resting in the palm of my hand, and was I looking off to the side. I smiled acting like I knew what was funny. "Hey Ally are you done with that?" Missy pointed to my half eaten sandwich. I looked up at her my thoughts coming back to my friends sitting at the lunch table with me.

I took a sharp breath in, and sat up, my mind suddenly shifting, "huh, oh, no go ahead"  I said. I was still distant and my voice vacant.I hadn't completely come back from my head, I was only just more aware of what was going on."Hey, Ally is something wrong? You seem sorta out of it?" I looked over at Lilly who looked really concerned. I shook  my head to myself to shake out all other thoughts, trying to get back to my friends,  "No ,nothing!" I said cheerfully "Just tired! you know homework and stuff, stayed up late," I smiled at all friends. They all laughed, and as did I. I had managed to get my self back to my friends. We were all laughing and joking,as we did every fourth period. Me laughing and smiling the most. Just as it should be.

Nothing is real any more. I had become a fake. I didn't know what to do. It all happened so sudden, so fast. I was scared and hurt.

The bright yellow sun was shining, birds were chirping, kids were playing and laughing, cars were zooming by. It seemed to be a beautiful day. But suddenly the world began to slow down. It started growing cold and dark. Cars started slowing down.The world was growing colder. Dark clouds sarted to form in the dark sky. Kids froze where the were standing slowly begining to look up at the darkening sky with confusion. All birds began to stop singing. Children dropped there toys where they were standing staring at the sky, Confused and scared. The cars stopped. There was only the sound of the wind. It was as black as night. People slowly emerged from there cars, mimicking the children. Poeple all around looked scared and confused. The sun was completely gone, And all went black...

"Millie, Do you have any lip gloss?" I asked. We were sitting at a table in the cafeteria. Millie was sitting across from me and Missy was sitting next to her. Nobody else was here yet.  "Ya here. Did you forget yours?"  She pulled a tube of lip gloss out of her bag and handed it to me. Lilly waked over, tray in hand, and smile on face. She sat down next to me her blue eyes sparkling. I looked back over to Milly, "Ya I did."  Lilly was still smiling as she looked at each of us."Hi! Lilly" Missy said. I put on the pink lipgloss, and handed back to Millie.

"Hello, Isnt it such a wonderful day today?" Lilly said, as cheerful as ever. We all laughed at her cheerfulness.

"Ya I guess?" I said as in a questioning vioce. We all were laughing at something Missy said when Zack walked over to us. He and his fluffy sandy blond hair sat next me, his brown eyes chocolaty, and beautiful. "Hi Zack!" I said "I hope your day is going as great as Lilly's!" I said, cracking myself up.  

"What's so funny," he asked.

"Oh nothing, it's just that Lilly is having the greatest day ever!" Milly said, with such a smile It looked almost painful.

"Oh I see, did Chris say hi to you in the halls?"

"No.." Lilly said looking sad and disappointed. A mischievous smile slowly crept up on her lips. " He said hi to me class!" she said almost squealing. She looked off to the side with a dreamy look in her eyes. We all finished are lunches laughing and joking, just as it should be.