I Don't Think You Understand

Note: Welcome to IDTYU, enjoy the ride and expect lots of updates. My Tumblr is http://sethon-o-clock.tumblr.com/ follow for updates, and good posts, if you;re confused, cotact me there and enjoy this story.

Chapter one

I was never really good with new places, let alone hew schools, new people new friends... it was kind of ridiculous. My parents were always on the run, new jobs new towns, new everything and it sickened me. It brought me to the conclusion that I wasn’t actually supposed to be laying around in every new house they dragged me into half naked watching late night comedy. Yes, my favorite activity, but it would have been better to share me funny thoughts with someone, my parents. I didn’t have any childhood memories with them, it’s like they didn’t care about me. They didn’t even acknowledge my presence, but that wasn’t new, that was just my everyday life.

I watched sitcoms on T.V of happy laughing family’s, and smiling children, and sometimes, I cry because I don’t have that. Was that a little too gay? No, I just wanted to be noticed, but I wasn’t. Every year, it was a new school, every year I had to start all over. I was used to being the new kid. The one that sits in the corner and watches all my new peers laughing and telling jokes, and I was just “the new kid.” Nobody ever asked for my name, my hobbies, but I guess that doesn’t matter when you’re leaving at the end of the year. But of course, coming to California for school? This was much different.

I thought countless thoughts to myself as I walked up to the large, deceiving building. The walkway was huge, gravel beds on either side. I kicked stones as I walked, of course assuming that the stones got there from those gravel beds. Although I didn’t understand how the stones got on the walkway, being that there was a dinky little wooden fence guarding the beds. This school was about ten times bigger than the school at the last town I lived in, and that terrified me. The last school, I had to deal with five people in my grade or above that. Sure, they hated me and would pick on me every day, but it was bearable. I hate to think what this new school would bring. I had a plan though. With how big this school was, I was going to just fade into the background and hope that everyone ignored my existence, just like always.

As I walked through the crowded halls I silently cursed my Dad for making us move from the quiet town in New Hampshire across the country to San Diego. He said he wanted a ‘change of scenery’ but in reality, his job ordered a new move, he didn’t care about scenery, Sigh…

The hallways were slightly filled with people, confused looking at me, knowing that they had never seen me before in their entire life. Shrugging it off, I paid more attention to my schedule than anything else, trying to find my locker instead of my classroom, because if I was late my first day I had the excuse of “I’m sorry I couldn’t find the room, it won’t happen again.” Which was always a plus, because then I could fuck around for a few minutes exploring before I got to my classroom.

“Watch where you’re going asshole.” Some random girl snapped at me when I accidentally bumped shoulders with her in the hallway. Jesus, couldn’t anybody have at least some sympathy?. I’d seen this before though, so it didn’t bother me much.

“Sorry.” I sighed in my quiet voice and continued on my way down through the corridors. The backpack on my shoulders suddenly felt like a boulder.

The bell rang and I stopped dead in my tracks after realizing that I have absolutely no idea where I actually. I looked at my schedule and tried to decipher the code. What? Floor what? I looked around helplessly but there was no one there anymore. I heard few voices but those disappeared when the sound of shutting doors started to echo down the hall. I looked back down at the schedule and a minute later my code-breaking session was interrupted when my schedule got ripped from my fingertips. I was lucky that The paper didn’t totally rip, because then I would have to go to the office, ask for another, and be completely out of place. Again.