01- Taylor Tactics.

The struggles of a black girl living in a white-dominated society, the problems she encounters in high school and her puberty-formed, newly acquired boy fever.

♢Included are multiple P.O.V's
♢Diary Entries of characters.
♢Glossary of teen-jargon for older readers @_@
♢ Q&A's ö

■Read and be captivated :*
■ ^_^ Written by a teen, for teens.

***Cover done by the amazing @guilloche

#boyfever #girlproblems #highschool #random #relationshipproblems #seizethelove #weareteenqueens

A/N : I hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Don't forget to comment and vote! This chapter is dedicated to @guilloche for amazing cover she made.

Problem 1: Nosy Teachers

Maya's P.O.V

05 May 2016

I laughed, and for the first time in three months, it was a sincere laugh. Alex smiled and it was as if he knew that he had succeeded. He had succeeded in breaking down all the walls I had built around me.

His smile faded when he saw her walking towards us and my laughter died down too. I felt a sharp pain run through my heart. Get a grip, Maya. You'll never fully be rid of her. Get used to it.

Silky blonde hair bouncing around her shoulders, the Queen Bee of Misty High strutted towards us. She is white, and according to society, she is superior. Her perfect skin shone, just the colour I had always wished for. I remember crying myself to sleep, several nights during my childhood. I could not understand the reason why I was born like this or why it was so bad to be black.

My parents made it worse by choosing to defy society and live in an area dominated by whites. Then, as a kid, I heard the whispers. I heard words that a kid should never have been exposed to. I heard my own teachers mumbling about how the area would soon be infested by blacks, yet during PTA's, their never ending smiles were plastered on their faces, further convincing my clueless folks that this was the perfect place for me.

I was brought back to the present by the click-clack of her shoes and I prepared myself for another one of her Taylor Tactics.

She stopped in front of me, took out a page and waved it in my face. "See this? It's a C! I thought you were smart but clearly, you're good for nothing. I shouldn't have done this project with you."

"Come on, Taylor. Just leave her alone," Alex warned. I felt him reach for me. He held my right wrist tightly, as if knowing what was going through my mind. I knew what was going through my mind as well. The shrink said that I was fine but deep down, deep down I'm sure she knew that I wasn't. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that I was messed up pretty bad. I guess she was just tired of putting up with me, the black and broken girl, trying to get me to "move on" and stop "being an attention seeker" when instead, she could have been out, doing more important things. I pleaded with the school to get me another shrink but who cares about what the black girl has to say?

"Don't get involved, Traitor," She said and smirked when she noticed the person walking towards us. Him. Ryan Petersen. He glanced at me and sneered in disgust, before he put his arm around her waist, "Yeah, bro. Mind your own business."

"Leave us alone," I said quietly.

"It speaks!" Taylor gasps, "Too bad I couldn't hear what she had to say. Did you hear anything babe?"

"Not a single word," Ryan said and smirked, "Mind repeating yourself?"

"I said leave us alone," I said, louder and with more courage.

"Or what?" Taylor said.

"Or she'll break your face and I won't mind breaking yours either, bro. In fact, it would be my pleasure,"Alex cut in.

I felt Ryan tense. His arm left Taylor's waist and his hands balled into fists. He moved menancingly towards me and I shrinked back in fear.

"Don't you dare take another step," Alex said, gently pushing me behind him.

A teacher walked towards us and never in my life have I been so happy to see a teacher. "I want you all in class before I count to 5. The next time I find you out of class, you will all be in detention for two weeks. 1," He said, "Except for you, Maya. I'd like us to speak for a moment."

"Okay, Sir."

"I am very concerned about your grades. Each term they keep falling. Now, we both know that you are a very intelligent girl but lately, it's like you don't care about your school work anymore. I want you to pull up your socks and I want to start seeing the A's that we both know you can get. Otherwise, I'll have to speak to your parents about this and I am sure that you don't want that."

"Yes, Sir. I'll work harder," I said and began walking back slowly. "I'm late for class, Sir."

"Okay, you can go but remember, the next time I see you out of class, I'm sending you straight to detention."

I nodded and ran to class.

"I'm sorry, Mrs Roux," I said, breathing heavily, " Mr Fredericks was giving me some instructions and-"

"I'm not interested. Sit down and do the work on the board."

I sighed and sat down next to Alex. He opened a new pack of gummy bears and I immediately grabbed a few. Mrs Roux eyed me but I couldn't care less.

"Give me a page," Alex whispered. I took out my jotter and tore a piece for him but not before taking more gummy bears. He grabbed it and scribbled on it before folding it into a tiny triangle and passing it back to me. I smiled, mainly because he remembered the code. A triangular-shaped note meant "ridiculously insignificant information".

I took the ridiculously insignificant information and opened it. Inside read : How rude! I wonder how her husband lives with her. I was about to crumble it and put it in my pocket when I noticed Mrs Roux's eyes watching me.

"What is that, Miss Smith?" Mrs Roux said.

"Nothing important, Ma'am," I said.

"Well I'll be the judge of that. Bring it here."
I rubbed my palms together nervously, hoping to sweat so bad that the ink on the paper becomes smudged. Where is sweat when a girl needs it? "It's really nothing. It's just-"

"I said bring it here. Considering your hesitation, that note is something important. I'd like to know if this topic is so hard that you have to pass notes with answers or if I am so boring that you feel the need to exchange love letters with Mr Petersen."

I saw Alex cough hard, probably from choking on his gummy bears. The class was filled with sounds of stiffled laughter and I saw Alex turn pink, except it wasn't from embarrassment. Shit! He was really choking.

"Mr Petersen, are you okay?" She said and ran towards him. She hit him on his back so hard that a gummy bear came out and flew towards the board.

The class was completely filled with laughter so I seized the moment and I snatched a scissor from her table and cut the note into tiny pieces. I threw the note in the bin and smiled when the bell rang.

I packed my things, gave Alex a thumbs up and ran out of the class, ignoring Mrs Roux's calls. I headed straight for our secret meeting place.

Alex was out in a few minutes and he stormed towards me. "Nice save," I said and laughed.

"I almost choked to death! It wasn't funny," He said and pushed me playfully.

"Funny or not, it saved us from that nosy teacher."

Glossary:

1. Shrink- A therapist/psychologist.