The incident

|From boys to babies|

Chapter one-The incident

|•| Avi's POV-5.45pm

"Bye Kevin!"

I called out as my best friend waved before disappearing out of the apartment. Twirling my phone against the palm of my hand I leaned back onto the sofa. Esther, Josh, Darien, his parents and my parents were coming over for a nice 'Kooplan' gathering, or more like a post wedding gathering, as my mon had placed it. Kevin politely wanted to leave, not wanting to be present during our mini-reunion much to my distaste. Good O'l Kevin told me he would hang out with the trio at Starbucks.

Nevertheless, it was good to see my family again. Ten minutes flew by and the chime of my doorbell was the one that jolted me out of my Twitter daydream. Esther and Josh enveloped me in a crazy tight hug followed closely by my dear mother and father. I shook hands with Darien's parents and said son smirked at me as we bro hugged.

"I still have to get used to the fact that the Avi Kaplan is now my brother-in-law. Heh." He laughed and smacked my shoulder playfully.

"What can I say? I'm a legend." I stated with a similar smirk.

Dinner came and went. Laughter and awkward stories were told and sworn to be kept a secret. The Red wine came out next of the plastic bag and Josh, being the lightweight he was, was soon getting tipsy. My mom laughed and lightly shove my brother as the latter stumbled around like a leaf. I shook my head and smiled fondly.

Nothing had changed in my family.

Time flew by and soon it was almost 11. The Kooplans decided that it was time to close it up.

"Make sure Josh don't drive home." I reminded as I kissed my mother sweetly on the forehead before bidding goodbye to my extended family. As the cars on my porch disappeared my hands flew to my back pocket. It was currently 11pm and Kevin wasn't back yet.

No miss calls.

Not a peep from him.

'He's a big boy he can take care of himself' The words rang in my head as I closed the door leaving it unlocked before dropping him a text.

:Hey where are you. R u otw home?:

My mouth curled upwards at the reference and I brought my phone to my ear for a call. However, it brought me straight to voicemail. A silent sense of strange foreboding fear swell within me and I narrowed my eyes.

"Hey Kev. Its getting late. Call me back if you're wasted I'll come pick you up." I left in the voicemail before deciding to dial Scott. Kevin didn't go drinking that was for sure. He was 100% against it but who knows right?

The sound of footsteps coming up my porch shook me out of the call before the baritone could pick up. Regretfully, I ended the call abruptly.

Crap. Who is that now.

Cautiously, I sidestepped to the door, fists clenched by my sides ready to punch any intruder whom dare come into his household at this certain hour...

"A-Avi? O-Open th-e doo-or..."

I recognized that voice anywhere.

I threw the door open, despite it being unlocked Kevin had difficulties maneuvering the knob and he fell face first against my chest muttering nonsensical gibberish.

"Kev? Hey Kev are you okay?"

Was he drunk? Oh God that's a first.

But then I noticed that his breath did not reek of alcohol. His face was contorted in pain, hands clutching his stomach as if he had been stabbed. His entire form shook uncontrollably. Shock almost threw me off and my legs almost buckled under the weight of my friend but somehow I managed to slam the door shut and stagger to the couch. Hastily, I checked for blood or bruises or any sign of a fight, wincing as Kevin's nails dug into my arm in the process.