A New Life (Chap. 14) (a witch love story)

~~~Katheren's P.O.V.~~~

We were at the beach; Daren kissed me until I had to break away so I wouldn't pass out. He rested is forehead against mine and said, "Hon, wake up, come on."

Wait, since when does Daren sound like a girl? Was this some kind of spell? A practical joke? 'Cause it really wasn't funny. Then I felt something similar to an earthquake. "Katheren, wake up or I swear I am going into you are going to get a shower." I finally recognized the voice. Aunt Lyn.

I groaned and rolled over; hoping to find out what Daren was going to say. But a wave crashed over us before I could hear his answer. "Gah," I gasped and my hair flew into my face as I sat upright. "What the...hell... was... that for?" I got out between coughs, talking to my smirking aunt. "Why the hell did you dump water on me?"

"One, I warned you," she said evilly, "so it's your fault and two, watch your language."

I groaned again and looked at the clock. "What the hell? It's eight! The roosters aren't even up yet!" I know what you are thinking 'roosters?' but remember I was tired, so it wasn't the worst that I could have some up with.

"Well I have to work the night shift for the next week so I won't be home until after you leave for school the next day, so this is the only time we can go, and we need to leave now."

"Leave where?" I asked in exasperation. I was tired, annoyed, and wet.

Aunt Lyn smirked again. What did I do to deserve this torture?! "Can I at least bring a friend?" Please, please, please!

"Sure. But it can't be Daren; the guy can't see the dress before the actual date."

I frowned. "I thought that was for weddings."

"Same thing," she said dismissively.

"Uh, no. Actually-"

"Explain later, you need to get dressed."

I sighed. So Daren couldn't be with me, damn. I reached over and pulled my cell off of the charger. Who could I take with me? The answer came suddenly and without warning, Sabrina. I scrolled down to her number and hit send.

She didn't answer right away, so I got up and started to rummage through my clothes. "What?" I heard someone groan after a few rings.

"Bri! My aunt wants to torture me, are you in?"

"Torture you how?" She was more awake now and more speculative.

"Dress sh-"

"Oh my god!" she shrieked, not letting my finish. "I'll be over in thirty minutes, don't you DARE leave without me!"

"Wouldn't dream of it," I mumbled to the dial tone. I took my semi-wet sheets off my bed, - I am still pissed at Lyn for that- laid them out to dry, and headed into the bathroom to get ready to go dress shopping.

The door rang a half an hour later while I was just finishing my breakfast. "Come in," I yelled in the general direction of the door. "By the way, you never asked who I am going with."

"That's 'cause I knew it is Daren."

"Who are you going with?"

"One- or maybe more- of about fifteen guys, I haven't figured out who I want to go with yet."

"Wow." Sabrina was extremely pretty; it was not surprise that so many guys had asked her, but not only was she pretty, but she was also insanely nice.

My aunt entered the kitchen then and I tried not to let out a surprise laugh. Sabrina looked more like my aunt then I did. They both that the same shoulder length copper colored hair and were almost the same height, my friend was taller though. But Bri had caramel colored eyes while my aunt's were a pretty shade of hazel.

"Are you ready to go girls?"

"Sure Ms. Whitney," Bri said pulling me towards the door.

My aunt laughed. "Call me Lyn," she said and followed us.

* * *

We had gone to about seventeen stores and had seen millions of dresses before they- by they, I mean Lyn and Bri, I did nothing but say 'mhm' and 'are se done yet'- had finally decided an a dress for me and another one for Sabrina. Luckily it didn't take them too long to find shoes and accessories.

"...We call them fools, who have to dance within the flame, who chance the sorrow and the shame that always comes with getting burned. But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire, 'cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire. We call them strong, those who can face this world alone, who seem to get by on their own, those who will never take the fall. We call them weak, who are unable to resist, the slightest chance love might exist and for that forsake it all. They're so hell bent on giving, walking a wire, convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire-"

"What the hell kind of music is that?" Sabrina teased, interrupting my singing.

"Country, Bri," I said, pretending to be offended. "That's just an old song; Garth Brooks is a little older-"

"Well let me educate your taste in music." Bri said then leaned forward from all the way in the back to change the station.

I listened, the song wasn't what I usually listened to, but I liked it. "What's the name of the song?"

"'Good Girls Go Bad' by Cobra Starship."

"Hmmm," I listened some more, the song was really predictable, so I sang the chorus while Bri sang the whole song. "...She was so shy till I drove her wild. I make them good girls go bad. I make them good girls go bad. I was hanging in the corner with my five best friends, I heard that you were trouble, but I couldn't resist. I make them good girls go bad. I make them good girls go..." We laughed as we finished the rest of the song. "I'll admit," I said," that was good, but I still like country better."

"Don't worry," Bri laughed, "I still have time to covert you."

"Don't hold your breath."

When got back to my house, Sabrina had to leave, so we said our goodbyes and I went into the house to do my homework. I had just finished the phone rang. I sprinted over to the phone, hoping it was Daren. "Hello?" I answered, breathless.

A female voice that I didn't recognize spoke into the receiver. "You'll stay away from Daren if you know what's good for you."

I shuddered; the voice- and the threat- scared me a little. "Who-who is this?" I demanded.

There was an evil sounding laugh and the line went dead.

{Author's note: sorry, its a little short, but I need it introduce the... person... who tries to... well something that I can't exactly tell you yet, but hopfully the story will get more interesting fot you guys now. Please, if you want to make me happy, very happy, vote and comment, they both help me inprove the stroy.

-Katie}