A Hero's Lost Heart

Sans stood on the edge of the cliff overlooking the castle in front of him. He felt happy, more than happy, he felt "sansational".
"Wow"He thought"I'd never thought I would see the real deal....this is pretty nice. It makes me wonder why I gave up trying to get here in the first place.
Before he could think anymore, another voice was heard.It made him jump a bit.
"SANS!We made it!!"
He turned his head a bit to see it was Frisk.
((Dont know if its Chara in Pacifist XD))
"Yup."He agree happily."If I knew these were the kind of sights you were keeping from everybody...buddy..I would've had a "bone" to pick with ya from the start."
Frisk laughed happily.
Sans continues.
"...but seeing as how you caught me on a good day, I think I can let this one slide for the new ambassador."
Frisk suddenly looked gloomy,unlike seconds before.They sighed.
"Oh....uh ya.I mean it sure sounds like fun but..."
Sans knew this was the time to cheer them up.
"You uh...nervous about all that responsibility?"
Frisk sighed once again.
"Dont sweat it kid.." He reached up and tossled Frisk's long hair with his bony hand.
"There isnt anyone out there who'd be better for the job than you and the rest of us will always be here to back you up.
Frisk looked up and made a half smile attempt at Sans.
"I know, I just,....."They looked down."..wont actually have the opportunity to do it....this all sort of just ends for me soon."
Sans was taken aback but their statement.
"Wh-..h-hey,nah kiddo. You got it all wrong. You saved everyone remmber? There's nothing left to worry about!Oh...unless you count..Papyrus once he starts driving..heh."
Frisk laughed once again but, now it seemed distant.
"You'll probably have alittle more to worry about with Papyrus than just his driving......I know you'll keep him safe,but keep an eyesocket out for yourself to okay?"
Sans became more scared than worried now.What were they saying?His left eye started to hurt, but he passed the pain to the back of his skull.He put his hand on their shoulder and gripped it hard.
"H-hey!! What are you saying Frisk?!
He got a side glance from them.
"Heh...Are you feeling alright?...Frisk?"
No answer.
"C'mon pal y-you're scarin' me..."
In a quick movement,Frisk yanked their arm away from Sans, leaving him taken aback.
They got up and stood near the edge of the cliff.
"....this is where my...timeline ends. From here I have to options."
They closed their eyes.
"I can either accept my fate and stop existing or I can completely reset the timeline."
Sans was silent for once.....He didnt have words.
Tears sprouted from their eyes.
"I DONT WANT TO SAY GOODBYE TO EVERYONE YET!!! IM NOT READY FOR THIS TO END!!!"
Sans spoke with mixed emotions.
"....kid,I....I didnt know...I-I mean...I thought I was the only one."
Realizing he was about to cry he reach up and wiped his eyesockets.
"WELP!That is one hell of a revelation. But I promise this isnt...where it ends.C'mere."
He wrapped his arms around their shoulders,them doing the same.
"We made it out....You...me....Papyrus...
everyone...We're moving on to bigger better things from now on,alright,and you bet your'e going to be here right alongside us Frisk."
Frisk twitched and then pushed themsled away from Sans with a great amount of force.They were breathing heavily.Their head was down.
"Yeah, maybe...but I cant go."
"Are you serious right now?! Of course you ca-!"Sans said surprised his comfort didnt work.
"NO I CANT!!! This is the end for me!!"
They calmed and turned to the sunset.
"....I dont even know why Im doing this anymore..Ive been here so many times...I wish...I could just forget about everytime I go back..That way...maybe..I can feel like I did the first time I came here.But that wont ever happen again."
Sans walked up to them in worry.What was going to happen next?
"If its any consolation Sans...."Frisk turned to Sans with wide, hopeful eyes."Whatever I do from here, just know....I'm only doing this because I care about everyone very much."
"NOOO-"
They began to fade as Sans wondered what to do next.His left eye glowed neon blue as they leaned over the cliff,as well as his hand and dissapeared from sight.An aura shot foward and down, falking after the child.Panic raced through his mind, a familiar feeling he had hoped so desperately to forget.
"This couldnt happen!!"He thought"...they were free..., they were happy."
Sans reached out and felt the soft shape of a child who had saved them all.His magic wrapped around them and his soul leapt because YES!!!HE HAD SAVED--

The blue aura closed on air....

_______

A small red heart rose to meet the dying sun, glowing so brightly it would blind a human. A skeleton raised a trembling hand but he could never reach it. White fingers streched,paused and then curled into a fist.

The soul faded....

Sans never knew he could cry.....