George is involved in a car crash

You arrive home exhausted after a long day at work. If you're honest all you want to do is curl up in front of the TV and watch the soaps but you have plans to go out with George tonight. You head to the kitchen in order to get a coffee which you hope will give you an energy boost. Just as you put the kettle on, your phone rings, the familiar name appears across the screen. 

- “Hi babe are you okay?”

- “Yeah just a bit tired. You?”

- “I'm good thanks but I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. I'm really sorry Y/N, we have a last minute meeting to discuss the tour. Can we go out another night?”

- “Sure no problem.”

You sigh with relief, not that you don't enjoy going out with George, you love too but today you are just too tired and in need of a quiet night in. 

- “Okay, I'll call you after the meeting though I’m not sure what time that’ll be. Love you Y/N.”

- “Love you too George, have a good meeting.” You told him hanging up the phone. You place it on the counter and make your coffee before heading to your bedroom to get into your pyjamas. Once you have changed, you go back into your lounge and put the TV on ready for coronation street. You decide to order a takeaway as you really haven’t got the energy to cook tonight.

A couple of hours later, you got up to get another drink after having eaten your dinner. As you stand up, you hear a knock at the door. Wondering who it could be, you make your way over to the door and open it. To your surprise, a rather worried looking josh is stood in the doorway. 

- “Hi Y/N. Is George here?” Josh asks stepping into your flat. 

- “No he phoned earlier to say you had a last minute meeting. Is he not with you?”

He shakes his head.

- “He never showed up to the meeting, and we've been phoning and phoning him but he's not answering! Jaymi's looking back at our flat and JJ has gone back to the studios but neither of them have found him.” He explains. 

You start to worry but try to remain calm and think where else he could be. 

- “Well the last time I spoke to him was about three hours ago. He's probably just got caught up with something, you know George, he's always late.” You tell Josh. 

- “He’s not normally late enough to miss a whole meeting!” 

- “I suppose. I have an idea of where he might have gone, give me a few minutes to quickly change out my pyjamas and I'll come with you.” 

You walk to your bedroom and pull out some black leggings and a baggy t-shirt before changing into them. You walk back to where josh is waiting and grab your phone and your keys off the table by the door. Just as you do so your phone rings displaying an unknown number. 

You answer the call hoping it’s George and that his phone’s out of battery and he’s calling from another phone. 

- “Hello?” you ask unsure of who is on the other end of the line.

- “Hello is this miss Y/L/N ?” A voice you’ve never heard before asks.

- “Yes it is, and who might I be speaking to?”

- “Good evening this is the City Hospital, I'm afraid Mr George Shelley has been involved in a car crash and admitted here. Is there any way you can get down here?”

You start to panic.

- “Oh my god, is he okay. Was it serious?” You gasp. 

- “Unfortunately it was a rather serious accident but Mr Shelley is being attended to by the doctors as we speak.” The voice on the telephone replies.  

- “Okay thank you for letting me know, I'll be right there.” You say hanging up the phone as tears fall down your cheeks. 

- “Is everything okay? Who was that?” Josh asks comforting you.

You explain everything to josh and the two of you drive to the hospital in Josh's car both with tears in your eyes and wearing an expression on your face that is a mix between worry and fright. 

Once you arrive at the hospital car park, you park up and head over to the entrance of the hospital.

As you make your way over, you hear Josh in the background on the phone to JJ explaining what has happened and asking him to let Jaymi know and join us at the hospital shortly. You enter the hospital and request George's room number from the receptionist. 

- “Room 205, you go straight down that corridor” she says pointing to a long corridor to the left of where you’re stood. She continues, “and take the first right, you’ll come to a room with several doors leading off it. You’ll see room 205 there. But I'm afraid you'll have to wait outside the room until the doctors have finished with him.” 

You barely hear the last part due to the panic in your head all you know is that you have to see George and he has to be alright. You don’t want to lose him and by the sounds of it, it was a pretty nasty accident.

You reach the door to his room and stand quietly outside trying to prepare yourself for what you might encounter. You peer through the window expecting to see him crowded by doctors in a critical state but instead you see George alone laying down with his leg in a cast and his arm in a sling with his eyes shut. Hastily, you open the door and walk over to his side before holding his hand that isn't in a sling and giving it a gentle squeeze. At the feel of your hand in his, his eyes open and look straight into yours. 

- “Oh Georgie, what happened to you?” You ask concerned. 

- “I'm fine just a small accident.” He reassures you. 

- “Don’t lie to me. You are not fine. I can't believe this has happened to you. You really worried me, from what the doctors were saying it sounded awful!” 

You bent forward and kissed the top if his head. 

- “I'm so glad you're here Y/N.” 

- “Where else would I be?” You ask stroking his cheek. 

You both turn at the sound of the door opening to see Josh entering the room with JJ and Jaymi following close behind. They run over to George with worried expressions on their faces. 

- “Hey mate. You okay?” Josh asks relieved to see him awake and talking. “You had us worried for a second there.” 

He laughed, not his usual cheeky laugh but a laugh as if to try and cover the pain and attempt to reassure everyone.

-“I'm okay just a few injuries. I didn’t mean to worry you.”

- “I'm just glad you're okay.” Josh said before glancing at the cast on his leg and adding... “Well mostly okay.” 

The door opens again causing everyone to look up and notice a doctor walking over to George. 

- “Hello Mr Shelley, I'm glad to see you're awake. How are you feeling now?” 

- “A little better.”  

- “That’s good to hear. Now, if you don't mind I just need to do a couple of tests so I'm going to have to ask your friends to leave. Nothing to worry about, we just need to make sure there are no other problems that need addressing. We’ll have to keep you in overnight but unless we encounter any problems, you should be free to go home tomorrow morning.” The doctor informs George. 

Reluctantly you leave the room with the other boys and wait outside until you can go back in and see him again. Your mind is a little more at rest knowing he’s in a stable condition and escaped the car accident with just a few injuries, you sigh with relief. 

Your quiet evening in to relax in front of the TV didn't turn out quite the way you planned and you hated to see George in such pain but starting tomorrow he'll need a lot of rest which means he will need your help while he's recovering and that means you'll have an excuse to see even more of each other. One positive outcome of the evening.