Happy Birthday

It was Nenita Del Pilar's Sweet 16. Nenita Del Pilar, aka Nena was celebrating with her homies. No, she didn't have a family with her. Not like she needed one. In fact, her homies were considered her "family". That's why her birthday celebration wasn't all fancy. It was full of smoking weed, alcohol, gambling, kush, etc. It was her 1st time doing all these. Just how she exactly wanted it.

"Hey, hey, hey! Gimme sum of that!"

"Blaze it, fucka!"

"Who ya callin' a bitch?!"

"Get of my dick, hoe!"

"Where the fuck have you been?"

"Can't you shut the fuck up?!"

"Kiss my ass!"

The noise around her was music to her ears. She wasn't bothered at all. Anyway, it's her party. She can let shit happen as long as she and her homies are fine with it. She was just sitting down there, smoking weed with her best homie, Eric. They've been friends since she was 12 and introduced to the hood life. Since then, she's been thankful for him taking care of her while her own brother, who turns out to be a general of high ranking, left her for "important business". In other words, he was a fuckboy jerk, who was selfish. After being left like that, why'd she even have to care or worry about him?

"How's blazing it for the 1st time?" Eric asked. Aside from being high, he was already drunk, too.

Nena, being the one who was strong, like her drink, answered coolly, "It's all good, man! All good..." Then, she poured another shot of Jack Daniel's. This was already her 10th. She's not yet drunk, not even high, after all the smoking and drinking. She tried to reach for the narcotics, which was on the middle of the table, but O' Shea grabbed it.

"Hey! Gimme sum!"

"Nu-uh! You ain't getting 'em!"

"Oh, c'mon! Just one, please?"

"You already have your weed, your cigs and, oh God! Jack Daniel's!"

"Fine..." she gave in, extremely annoyed. "But, remember, it's my fucking birthday!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." he laughed.

"Nena, we'll allow you to smoke, drink, all that. But, we won't let you do drugs. You're too smart for that." Eric mumbled. "You might get addicted..."

"What's the point of smoking, drinking without narcotics?!" Nena whined.

"Well, you don't easily get high or drunk." Andre pointed out. "But, drugs is another topic."

"Oh, I see!" Nena said, with sarcasm and rolled her eyes. But, at the same time, she was thankful that there were people who watched out for her and actually cared. Sure, she can smoke a pack, yet she knew when to stop or she did when she was told to. She was allowed to do things she wanted to do, but she had limits from them. If she didn't, she'd end up in jail, which she'd never want to happen.

Right now, her homies were getting real high and drunk, while Nena was still drinking her 16th and last shot and smoking the last cig from her pack. She was already ready to announce her accomplishment of doing these without getting high or drunk when Eric shouted without a care in the whole world, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NENA! YOU LIL BITCH!"

Everyone, including Nena, was laughing.

It's all good, man! The good times... All good...

She wished it stayed like this forever....