Kurt Cobain / Dave Grohl

Kurt;

I didn't understand exactly what was going on. Yesterday, everything was fine; perfect even. He was giving me kisses, hugs, and told me he loved me. But today, it's a different story.

When I first arrived at school this morning, I saw Dave. But it was odd. He hardly spoke a word to me. He just stared at the wall and acted as if I wasn't even there. I asked him if anything was wrong, but he'd only shake his head.

And here I sat, in first period, listening to my teacher talk about History. Dave sat straight in front of me on the other side of the room, but he didn't even glance over at me. I always wished the teacher would've given him a signed seat beside me.

Was something wrong with me?
Of course, Kurt. Everything is wrong with you. Even Dave is beginning to realize it.
No, no, no. He just told me not even a week ago that he was in love with me.
Maybe he's just in a bad mood.

I hate when thoughts like that run through my head. My hands were feeling sweaty, and I was nervously playing with my fingernails. After a quick look at the clock, I realized that we only had one minute left of class. I began to pack my stuff quickly, hoping the bell wouldn't ring before I got finished.

"Class dismissed." The teacher said while the bell was ringing. And I had just finished zipping up my bag. Dave was still packing, so I decided to wait by him outside the door, because I didn't want to stand in people's way of trying to get out of the room.

Only after about ten seconds, he slowly walked out and looked out me. Without saying a word, he began to walk beside me.

"I just love seeing the cutest couple in the whole school." I heard the voice that belonged to Krist from behind me. He then playfully pushed me into Dave. I giggled and looked up at my boyfriend, but he only rolled his eyes, so I quickly dropped my smile.

After arriving into second period, Dave sat down in a seat beside me. I was just relieved that he didn't sit across the room from me.

I went ahead and pulled out my notebook and pencil, because I knew we would only be taking notes and studying, just like everyday in this class.

I reached my hand down at Dave's, grabbing it to hold, but when my hand began to slide into his, he pulled it away and looked away from me.

"You okay?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah." He barely spoke loud enough to where I could hear him.

"You sure? You know you can tell me." I said, hoping to comfort him. He nodded once again and looked down at his notebook.

I awkwardly sat there, looking at my notebook, but not reading the notes. I wasn't sure whether to move, or sit there. I just had that feeling Dave was going to break it off. He had been acting so strange all day. But how? What happened? Everything, I thought, was going perfectly. We never argue. We're always happy together.

Of course I should've seen it coming. Every relationship, I'm treated like shit. I guess it could be worse, but being ignored and feeling miserable isn't the best thing. Always, I'm cheated on, ignored, beat, or something. Why just once, can't I be happy?

If he ends things, I swear I'll die. I love him too much. I can't be broken again. I can't take the constant pain, fake smiles, and crying every night. I need him.