Prologue

There's always darkness, we all have it, and it's something that never seems to go away, ever; mine came to me at the age of five.

"I'M LEAVING AND THIS TIME FOR GOOD!!!!!!!" Shouted my mother at dad. 

"No no no...... don't please!" He ran after his wife. "I'm sorry I got mad. I'm sorry, just... Please just...."

"No. No more of this. I'm leaving because I can't deal with this anymore." Mom pointed at her fresh black eye dad gave her, "And I'm taking Ava with me."

"No your not!" He shouted. 

Her mom grabbed her suit case, and then she said, "Come on Ava, sweetie. We're leaving now. Now you can't control us!" She shouted as he yanked my hand away from my mom's grasp .

"Fine." She shouted.

"Mommy! Please don't leave!" I pleaded with tears dropping down my face.

"Don't worry sweetie, mommy will be back in a few days to come get you okay?"

"Do you promise?" I said as I wiped a tear away.

"Yes I do sweetie."

"Okay." I whispered as I watched my mom walk through the door. I can't believe I was naive enough to believe her.

As the days past dad locked himself in his room; I sat by the door for days crying and waiting for her to come back for me. But the thing is, she never did. And that's when everything began to fall apart. That's when the real darkness started.

At the age of seven is when the abuse really started, but I could make it through because I had my best friend, Michel, with me until the age of 14. When he discovered what was going on, he saw the hit's from my father and the cuts I did to my self and that night I decided I was gonna die, because I couldn't live with the fact of him knowing, but when I tried, Michel followed me and saved me. I remember that night after he saved me I told him I hated him. That I should be dead, that all I wanted was to die. He told me I shouldn't die or want to. He asked me why do this to myself and add more pain on myself. I told him 'You said for me to be happy and hurting myself did, the more I sliced, the more numb it became. It became my drug.' After that what he did surprised me, he hit me and said snap out of it. That gave me a permanent emotional, mental,and physical scar. I held my hand to my face and I cried even harder, he did try to say sorry, but that didn't cut it for me. It reminded me of what my dad does to me.

After he tried to say sorry I told him so many words of hate that night. I told him he was no better than my dad, that I hated him, and said that he would be exactly like my mother, that one day he would get sick and tired of me, like my mom did, and that he would leave like she did. After that I kept saying that I hated him over and over again. A little after that I ran for the water again. I tried once more to drown and kill myself. I hung on to my neck to try to make my death faster. But Michel came after me and pulled me out of the ocean. After that the world just went black. After that night he didn't talk to me. He ignored me for two weeks and then he moved, disappeared, just like my mom, and that's when I realized I couldn't trust anyone, because he did exactly what I thought he would do.

Later on I made new friends, dealt with the abuse at home, and forced myself to forget about Michel. He abandoned me when I needed him most, and he's the reason why I don't open up to people; he's the reason why I don't show my darkness to anyone, so I thought if I hided it, life would be easier to deal with.

But who knew that my life would get so bad later on, to the point I would want to over dose.