Chpt. 1: Days and Days

Then we jumped in the cab and flew away like a-
"RAYNE!"
"What?" she replied annoyed.
"I've called you three times." Mom said irritated "You have to get ready for the dance!"
I've already told you I don't want to go, Rayne thought.
"Fine!" I hate dances, I hate school, I hate people. "What should I wear?"
"It's okay, I picked out your outfit already"
What's she thinking, a skirt. Ewww!!
"I will pick out my own outfit. But thanks for trying"
"Well as long as your going I don't care what you are wearing".
I hopped in the car wearing a grey hoodie and sneakers. My mom scanned me, but didn't say anything. The dance was so loud. I sneaked in the corner and started my book, when someone bumped me.
"Ummm, excuse me"
"Ohh sorry I didn't see you there"

"Whatever"
"No really I'm sorry" I looked up and saw a guy who looked my age. He was so nice to me when I was just being a big jerk.
"It's fine I'm just frustrated with my Mom and... Well. Doesn't matter"
"No, I've got time to listen." So we sat there talking about all my problem. Normally I wouldn't tell random people my life. But for some reason I trusted him. I don't know how long we were talking there but it felt so short.
"Wait, what is your name"
"Jack" My phone scared me when my mom texted she was here.
"I'm sorry I have to go now but, that was. Kinda. Nice"