Chapter 1

Kisses. 

Kisses? Why were there so many kisses..

I blinked my eyes open. And this- this mutt was on top of me. Immediately, my thoughts fled to tracker-dogs, and my weapon was out in a flash.

I was quickly called off from a familiar- infamous- voice though, causing me to hault.

"Woah, woah. C'mon, ol' Smiley was only saying Happy Valentines Day." He purred, pulling the dog off from the bed as I'd sat up. How did they find me, how did anyone find me? I was pretty far from that old house they all stayed cooped up in, miles and miles away in this crappy shed that gave me minimal shelter. I'd had to fight off a few homeless freaks, but for the most part it was home sweet home. 

My face must've shouted confusion as his disgusting Cheshire grin returned. "Smiles tracked you down pretty easily, you really shouldn't sleep around so often y'know, he could smell your disease ridden sex a mile away."

I scoffed and started pulling on my jacket, my flats slipping on easily. "Really not up for your bullshit Jeffery, tell me what you want and find your own shithole to crash."

His grin faded into his usual blank look, dropping his animal's fur from when he tugged him off of the bed. "Slendy needs you. Some urgent business apparently, I need to drag you back to his place, with or without struggle. I'd really appreciate it if it was without."

"And I'm supposed to believe you? Just like that?  I'm not that gullible, Jeff, if the big guy needed me he'd have summoned me himself. You finally realizing your love for me or something?" My smirk had fallen while I applied my famous pitch lipstick.

"Listen, girly," His voice was unnaturally deep, menacing, really. I could feel the hair on my arms stay on end just from the simple chill he gave me. He was a more experienced killer than I, he knew his way around a person's mind, and I despised it. "I didn't volunteer to find you. Now you're going to follow me, or Ben's gonna come after you and he's been completely sober for two weeks now. You really don't want to deal with that, do you?"

As much as I hated it, he was right. Ben was downright terrifying when he was sober for too long. Merciless, is a better word. My jaw set and I started walking toward him. 

"Fine, but keep your hands- and paws- to yourselves, got it?"

Jeff seemed fairly content with my response and started striding out the door. "Oh Janey, that won't be a problem at all. Neither of us want to touch that."

I growled, knowing the trip was going to piss me off beyond repair. My fingernails quickly raked down his back in one swipe, knowing I would've left a mark with the force I used. 

And we were off, Smile trailing behind us while Jeff and I walked in an uncomfortable silence. The last time the two of us had been together was after our.. relationship had ended. It was unusual to call it a relationship, considering it was mostly consisting of flirty remarks and a few regrettable nights. But, I guess we did refer to each other as partners for the short time. 

My eyes glanced over at the man every once in a while. God, what could I have seen in him? He smelled awful, and I doubt he even bothered to clean his outfit after fresh meat. What he'd done to his face was disgusting, and his hair was mangled and untamed. He reminded me of some rabid animal. 

Yet, even after noting all of this, I could taste the leftover need for that man dripping from the roof of my mouth.

AHHHHHH so here's a new book I'm working on, the next chapter is gonna be published if we can maybe get twenty votes?

Don't forget to leave a comment to tell me how you think about it!

~Sim