Chapter 1

The Idris institute had many blind corners...on such a turning,a boy and a girl, both from the youngest batch, were running towards each other, unaware that they would shortly collide. They both hoped that no one would be turning the corner from the other direction,but as providence would have it, they did collide.  The boy, staggered before falling down. The girl flew some feet and landed, her red hair flying everywhere. She sat there, the breath knocked out of her. The boy immediately  scrambled over to her, and extending a thin, nervous hand, helped her up.

"I am so sorry miss. I did not intend to hurt you. Please accept my sincere apologies."said Lucian Graymark absentmindedly running a hand through his scruffy brown hair. Jocelyn Fairchild looked amused at this display of manners. She said in a rather condescending tone," Apology accepted Sir. My name is Jocelyn Fairchild. And you are?"extending a hand.

" I am Lucian Graymark. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Lucian replied,giving Jocelyn's hand a firm shake.

Jocelyn, her eyes sparkling with amusement and curiosity questioned," Are you always that polite?"

"Only when the occasion demands."

" It doesn't demand when you are busy being my friend."

Lucian took a very gentlemanly bow and looking rather relieved, said " Thus comes to an end my endeavor at being a polite gentleman. "

" Good. Be yourself, please."