[one]

"Welcome to the 00 programme, Miss Anderson...or should I say agent 009."

The last digits made Alexa's stomach tighten.

"Thank you." she said, coldly.

For a split second, she swore she saw a hint of a smile appear on M's lips but it dissapeared before she could be sure.

"Being in the 00 programme is not easy. Despite your youth, we expect you to deliver high levels of maturity and intellect, I hope that is clear to you"

"It is" Alexa replied. The realization of the responsibility she was suddenly faced with, hadn't quite hit her yet.

"Good" M nodded. "You may leave now."

Alexa immediately got out of her chair and left M's office with a quick goodbye.

She rushed down to Q-Branch, barely leaving her head time to process the events that had happened today and every other day before.

Everything that had happened in the last two weeks had been a huge blur. She had been assigned a mission in Morocco. Nothing special. Protect the British Secretary of State for Health on his business trip. Sounded big but he was quite unimportant and hardly anyone wanted to do him any harm, so Alexa took it as a short holiday.

It turned out to be way more shady than anyone would've thought.

In the span of three days Alexa uncovered a terrorist organization that consisted of international health ministers and scientists who were about to unleash a poisonous drug into the world, that would innocently kill off prime ministers and leave their spots open for their men to replace.

When she returned to England, she had to make sure to eliminate all fragments of that organization that had remained and with the help of other MI6 agents, she had been successful.

Her unexpected achievement and the generally high success rates at all of her missions unlocked her a spot in the 00 programme (which was convenient for the MI6 anyway because the former 009 died during a mission in China not too long ago) and Alexa would be lying if she said she wasn't absolutely thrilled by that offer.

With a quick swipe of her ID card, she entered Q-Branch and walked past their computer section. From the corner of her eye she noticed that the top main desk was still empty which indicated that MI6 was still in need of a new Quartermaster. She remembered hearing somewhere that they already had one in mind but that's about everything she knew.

She made her way to the weapons section only to be stopped by a woman, hastily walking towards her.

"009" she said in a almost irritatingly high voice and stretched out her hand to shake. "My name is Betty, i'm going to talk you through your new weaponry."

"Thank you." Alexa mumbled and followed her. Betty was walking with a quick yet self-concious pace. She couldn't be older than Alexa herself but it was impossible to miss that she was new. Alexa noticed that MI6 had been recruiting way younger agents than usual lately, especially in the technology departments and even though that seemed like a fresh idea, youth wasn't neccessarily a sign of efficiency.

Then Alexa remembered that she was younger than most field agents and probably the youngest agent in the 00 programme and shoved away her doubts.

"Here we are!" Betty said and showed her the large table, which displayed Alexa's new weaponry. "These are the gadgets developed by the old Quartermaster's Q-Branch. Maybe these will change as soon as we have a new one, but these should work for now".

Alexa took a closer look at the new gadgets and couldn't help but smile. The sight of the new, more advanced A and B Level gadgets, instead of the usual C and D Levels that normal field agents use made her feel incredibly satisfied inside and she couldn't wait to finally fire her new gun.

**

The next couple of days or so nothing happened and Alexa let it slide but by the third week, she became completely enraged. 00 agents were constantly on the run, they were like like phantoms. You were never sure if they exsisted or not. All Alexa did was roam through MI6, unnecessarily brush up on her shooting skills and watch How I Met Your Mother, which was far away from being a respectable 00 agent.

One morning in late September she stormed into MI6, determined to personally call out M on the lack of her missions. Any MI6 agent with sense wouldn't even dare to look M in the eye and object on any of her actions but in that moment Alexa was prepared to do so.

She swiftly walked past M's personal secretary and burst into the office.

"009" M said calmly, not showing any tone of surprise in her voice. She hung up the telephone she was holding in her hand and continued: "I was just about to call you up here. Sit down."

All Alexa wanted to say before storming into the office, had faded away.

Before she could sit down on any of the chairs in front of M's desk, the office doors opened again and a tall figure stepped in.

His gaze immediately fixed on Alexa and a small smirk appeared on his lips as he approached her.

"Morning." M greeted him but he ignored her and held out his hand for Alexa to shake.

"You must be the new 009." he implied slowly and Alexa felt a sudden urge to punch him in the face.

"And you are?" she asked cockily which caused him to smirk almost devilishly.

"My name is Bond. James Bond."

"Ah 007, of course!" Alexa laughed in false surprise, the pretend being obvious in her snarky tone.

"Your reputation preceeds you." she added, removing all traces of the laugh from her face, replacing it with a cold stare. She pulled her hand from the grip and turned towards M, leaving Bond a bit startled but he didn't let it show for long.

"Agents!" M adressed them with an impatient smile plastered on her face.

"Save... whatever that was for later. We need to talk about your new mission."

A wave of alarming waves got sent through Alexa's body at the mention of a mission and she sat down on a chair.

About damn time.

**
authors note: (even though some people skip these, i heavily urge you to at least read this one because i'll clear up some things)

Thank you for checking out starry-eyed!
As you may have noticed this is a fanfiction taking place in the James Bond (Daniel Craig version) universe with the addition of my own character Alexa. This story is an idea that I had in class the day after I watched Spectre and just thought I'd give it a shot.

For those of you that are confused; Agents that are in the 00 programme get assigned to way difficulter missions and have access to way more government documents. Most importantly though, they have permission to kill (whereas normal field agents don't). Kind of a big thing.