I knew he loved me (short story)

The rain kept falling. It made a rhythmic pattern that could put someone to sleep, but it was eight in the morning and I didn't want to go back to bed. I'm a morning person so the sun is my friend, but right now the bright beautiful sun was covered by dark grey clouds full of rain. I took a sip of my coffee and snuggled into my blanket. My husband Logan is coming home from work soon so I decided to get ready now so he could see my fit body which I know he always loves looking at. So I go out of my comfortable spot went up to our room to pick out an outfit. I decided on some white hot shorts and a aqua tank top. I put my long blonde hair in a messy bun then headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. Logan works night shift at the office and I hate it because when I go to bed he's at work, and when I'm at work he goes to bed. It sucks, but today is Saturday so just me and him time. We don't have any children or pets so the house is usually quiet. I started to make some blueberry pancakes, his favorite. I heard the front door open and close. Logan's home! I stepped back from what I was doing and ran to him. He dropped his suitcase and throw his jacket on the coat hanger, then I jumped into his arms and gave him a kiss on the lips. "Your looking sexy Kelly." He told me as he bit his bottom lip. "Thanks baby. You would look pretty sexy yourself if you took that shirt off." I tugged at his dress shirt which brought our bodies closer. Logan started sniffing the arm. "Are you making blueberry pancakes?" He asked me. I pulled back from him. "Moment ruiner." I playfully stuck out my tongue and headed back to the kitchen. Logan headed to our room to change into something comfortable. I finished the pancakes and set them on the table. The aroma filled the air. Logan walked in and sat down. Now he was just wearing sweats, which made him look sexy. Just saying, no matter what he wears he will look sexy. I handed him a plate and a fork. We started eating in silence. "These are delicious!" Logan commented before stuffing his cheeks with pancakes again. "Thanks." I smiled and finished my last pancake. I got up and started washing my dish. I heard the chair squeak and Logan put his dish in the sink then wrapped his arms around my waist. "So babe are those moon pants? Because your butt is out of this world." Then he unwrapped one arm from my waist and tapped my bum. That's such a cheesy pick up line, but I'll finish it. "No these are baseball pants because my butt is out of your league." I started laughing and I put the dishes away. Logan kept kissing my neck to try to turn me on and don't get me wrong it was working but I didn't want him to know that. Plain hard to get is the game I play, I don't care if I'm married to him or not. So I just continued to clean by putting the maple syrup away and the butter. Then Logan snaked his arms up to my breast. I removed his hands and giggled as I walked out of the kitchen. "Your such a tease." Logan told me as he followed me close behind. I sat on the living room couch and turned on the TV to the show I could care less about but I just wanted to see what Logan was gonna do. He sat right beside me and I could feel his gaze on me. He put his hand on my thigh and rubbed up and down. Then moved to my inner thigh. I started chewing on my bottom lip so I wouldn't moan but it somehow escaped my mouth. "I knew you would like it." He smiled and kept doing that and well I couldn't take it anymore so I removed his hand and sat on his lap and started making out with him. He slipped his hands up my shirt and was about to take it off but then the doorbell rang. "Moment ruiner." I mumbled then got up and went to the door. It was some brown haired girl that I didn't know crying her eyes out. "Umm.....may I help you?" I asked. "It Logan here?" She wiped her tears with her hoodie jacket. I nodded my head when she looked up and me. "Now come inside I don't want you to get cold and wet." She stopped crying and thanked me but the second she saw Logan she started to cry again. "Alyssa, what are you doing here?" He got up and walked to her. "I need to tell you something." She said and I led her to the couch. We didn't have that nice of a couch or carpet so I didn't care. "What do you need to tell me?" He asked as he sat by her. "I'm pregnant." She looked at the ground when she told him. "What!" Logan's eyes widened and he put his head in his hands. Why would Logan care so much and get so worried, it's not like its his baby...........wait what if it is? What is he cheated on me? "Logan, did you get her pregnant?" I gave him a serious look and crossed my arms. He looked up at me and I could see his face became pale. "It was a mistake." He said as he looked down at his feet. "You know what was the mistake? Marrying you." I could feel tears form in my eyes but I quickly blinked them away. I went to the bedroom and packed a suitcase full of my stuff, changed my clothes into sweats and sneakers and went out the door. Logan was yell things and begging me to come back but I didn't listen. I just got in my car and started to drive. I just can't believe it. He cheated on me. The kisses and love he gave me he also gave to another women. The tears just started to fall and I don't care. I just decided to drive to my best friend, Tina's house. We've known each other pretty much since birth, so therefore we're very close. I even call her big sis and she calls me little sis. We're only 4 months apart but I I'm still the youngest by 4 months. I pulled up in her driveway and cleared the tears before knocking on the door. She answered in a robe and I just realized it was still pretty early and she's not a morning person like me. "Tina, I'm sorry if I woke you but....." I tried to finish but she grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. "Why were you crying?" She asked as she sat on the couch and I sat by her. She must have noticed the unevenness in my voice or the red and puffiness that was around my eyes. "Logan he......he..cheated." I started bursting into tear and without hesitation Tina put her arm around me and let me cry into her shoulder. "What a jerk! He doesn't even deserve you." She rubbed little circles on my back and lightly tapped it. I felt safe in her arms. I felt like no one could harm me. She has that effect on people. After awhile I pulled back and tried to control my breathe so it would be going at a steady pace. "I'll go make you some tea." She place a hand on my shoulder then got up and headed to the kitchen. I felt my phone vibrate and it was a text from Logan. Ignore. I slipped my phone back into my pocket.

After the tea was done Tina and I sipped at it as I told her all that happened this morning. ".....and they I drove here. Could I say a couple of days if it would be no trouble?" I asked as I took another drink of my tea. "Of course you can. Stay as long as you need." She told me. I set my teacup down and stood up and she stood up too and we hugged. "Thank you so much." I whispered softly. I pulled back and we exchanged smiles. Then the doorbell rang. Tina opened it and it was Logan. Her eyes widened and she closed it and put her back against it. "It's for you." She looked over to me and I slowly walked to the door but was unsure. She stepped sideways to give me room. I opened the door just enough to see him. "I'm so sorry Kelly! Please forgive me! I'll do anything to have you back." He leaned his face to the door so he could get as close as he could to me. "I forgive you, but I don't want to get back together." I shut the door and I heard on the other side Logan kind of screaming so I could hear was he was saying. "I'm sorry! I really am. Oh God I love you Kelly. Your my everything. If I had to live without you I just know I wouldn't survive a day. Your like oxygen for my lungs. Wow that sounded corny." He rambled on and I giggled when we said that corny pick up line. "I love your giggle. One of many things I love about you. I love your hair, your personality, your smile, your body.......your body is so gorgeous. I could never love another." I immediately opened the door out of anger. "Oh really because Alyssa could tell me otherwise." I put my hand on my hip and he just looked at the ground like a little boy that just got grounded. "I can explain." He looked up at me even though he was still slightly facing the ground. "Good because I would love to hear your explanation." I still gave him the same dirty look. "Yesterday my friend Jacob was having a beer and I decided to have one too. Then I got drunk and I guess Alyssa and I.......you know." He looked at the ground as he told me his excuse. "I just can't believe you would cheat on me. Don't you love me?" I felt my eyes beginning to get watery. He grabbed hold of my hand. "I'm so sorry baby that I hurt you. I love you so much that I can't even find the words to describe." He looked deeply into my eyes. "I love you too." I put my free hand on my chest and tears started running down my cheek. He stood up and kissed me on the lips with nothing but pure passion. "Please come back home." He whispered in my ear before kissing me again. "Yes I will, only if you promise me one thing." I told him. "Yes, anything." He used both of his hands to hold mine. "You have to promise me that you will never be with another girl, and that I'll be your one and only." I looked in his eyes and I could see the love. "I promise." Then he locked it with a kiss. I knew he loved me.

The End

Dedicated to my friend Logan

Follow me on twitter- @kissyou1D101

I'm sorry it was short! I hoped you liked it though! Thanks for reading!