Blue-Green Eyes

Haha omg ;u;. I'm going to try and make this into a story but if I can't then it'll be a One-Shot... I just don't know what to write about and turn it into a multi-chapter story. So yeah. Oh well.
...
Blue-Green Eyes
...
Snow fell on the earth softly as the seasons had changed. Xóchitl trembled as she stared at the figure before her. Her eyes had changed as well.

They were once so full of light and care when they'd look at her. Almost like a mother's stare...but they were no more. They were simply dull. Empty. Emotionless.

"R-Rei..." Xóchitl barely managed to say. "...It's been...a while..."

Reina stared down at the young girls form and took awhile to reply. "...Indeed it has..."

"Sh-Shirah's been looking for you..."

"..I know..."

It grew silent as Xóchitl grew fear of saying something wrong. They stood there as time ticked by, and it felt like an eternity. Finally, Reina spoke. "Why are you here?"

Xóchitl felt a drop of sweat trail down her cheek. No matter the weather, it felt like she was in a boiling hot summer. "I-uh, wanted to see you..." Reina was not buying it. It could've been the truth, but she simply was not going to believe it. One wrong move could result in getting herself locked back up behind those castle walls. She didn't want that. She enjoyed the freedom she had earned and she did not want to let it go. Reina shook her head and looked at the piling snow.

Xóchitl looked at Reina and went into a bit of a shock finally seeing her scars. Just looking at them told her they weren't going to disappear. Almost like ink on paper..

"I hate people who eavesdrop." Reina said out of nowhere. Shirah slowly emerged and smiled. "It's not eavesdropping if I'm mentioned."

"It's eavesdropping if you do not engage in the conversation."

Shirah narrowed her eyes. "Honestly, I don't even know why you're needed back at the kingdom." Reina looked to the side and took in the view of the land. "Leave then."

"I have strict orders to take you back."

"Looks like you'll be going back with nothing."

"True because you are nothing."

Xóchitl stiffened at their words. Shirah shook her head and chuckled. "You do realize you're shortening the days before a war comes...right?"

Reina spun around to look at Xóchitl. "...Why didn't you tell me war would be involved..." Her eyes were no longer dull, but full of anger. They were almost piercing at her.

"Let's go Xóchitl. Reina chose war." Shirah said as she started walking off. Reina turned quickly and pointed a sword at Shirah. "Don't you dare move."

Shirah looked at the ice sword and slowly looked up at Reina. "..You have the nerve to point that sword at me don't you.." Reina smirked and glared at the woman before her. "You certainly didn't mind pointing a sword at those innocent peop-"

A beam of blue light almost sliced Reina's head off. She had barely dodged the attack, and her once long hair was now short again. Xóchitl looked at the strands of hair fall to the ground. She heard a class of swords and was thrown back at the sudden force coming from Shirah's sword.

Reina gritted her teeth and felt her foot slide back as she tried to hold back Shirah's sword. "St-stupid serpent..." Shirah muttered as she tried pushing Reina to the ground. Xóchitl hugged Shirah's legs and shut her eyes tightly. "Shirah, stop!"

"Move!" Shirah kicked Xóchitl off and chased after Reina who had sprinted off.

Xóchitl watched Reina run off, and the said maiden turned around and smiled at her before running off. Xóchitl's eyes watered and she choked back a sob.

It was just a smile. A smile that could've meant many things.

But the messages her eyes gave her...

The message those blue-green eyes sent...

Felt like a thank you...