1 (aka Romance Dawn): Meeting my brother and his crazy stalker

{Mori}

"So this is Alabasta huh?" I jumped off the Striker and onto the dusty ground of the port city. "Cool."

"Cool? C'mon, I know that with our devil fruit abilities, we're kinda immune to this kind of weather, but you should at least try to infer that this place is definitely not 'cool'. It's literally a desert kingdom." After ensuring that the Striker was properly docked, Ace jumped right beside me and ruffled my hair playfully.

"I'm not an idiot Ace, I can obviously tell that's it bloody fricking hot. And I hope you realise that that's not the 'cool' I was talking about." I pushed his hand away and started to walk in the general direction of the city.

"I know, I was just joking." Ace laughed and walked quickly to match my pace. "So Mori, where to first?"

"Aren't you hungry? We should probably find a restaurant or something." I shrugged and looked around the area. I spotted a huge sign that read 'Spice Bean'. Sounds like a restaurant.

"Hey, let's go over there." I grabbed Ace's arm and headed towards the restaurant. Midway, he stopped me.

"Ne, wait Mori. We should be careful. We'll probably draw attention since we have bounties," Ace said. "If we happen to be spotted by bounty hunters or marines, it's gonna be tougher to find Luff. Plus, we don't know how long it would take him to get here. Being spotted here will only burden us."

I shrugged. Ace's words made sense. "While we're at it, you should stop referring to me as Mori. My alias is Lucky. And don't you dare let Luffy know that I'm actually--" I wagged my finger at him but was cut off by him.

"That you're actually Mori, blah blah, and also not to mention anything from the past, yeah?" He rolled his eyes, sighing. I chose to ignore him. We continued walking towards the restaurant. 

"Ne, Mori." Ace said, his tone serious.

"Yes Ace?" I asked.

"Lucky sounds like a dog's name! Gahahaha!" Ace burst into laughter, drawing a few stares. I felt my face go red.

"Shut up Ace! You know that was because of the stupid marines!" He continued laughing.

"Stop it before I kill you." I threatened, raising my fist.

Ace raised up both of his hands. "Geez, okay okay. I'll stop."

Silently, he muttered," Lucky." He burst into a fit of laughter again.

I raised up my fist again, but this time, it wasn't a threat.

  *✲゚*。✧٩(・ิᴗ・ิ๑)۶*✲゚*。✧  

"Hey girl," the restaurant owner asked me. "Is your friend over there okay?"

He jabbed a thumb towards the seat beside me, where Ace -- with his face bruised, bloody and swollen-- was eating his 29th serving of food. He asked for it, that stupid Ace. That's what he gets for defying me.

"He'll survive." I smiled at him, continuing to enjoy 5th serving.

"Ne, Lucky," Ace said, trying his best to be serious while saying my alias, "are you sure you don't want to join the Whitebeard pirates? Everyone will miss you, even the Old Man. He has taken quite a liking to you."

"Ahh, I'm still declining." I took a spoonful of rice. Delicious. "I'm really thankful that in my time on the Moby Dick, all of you were so nice and kind to me. But I promised myself that I will be helping Luffy."

"Meh, figured I could at least try to ask again." He shrugged, continuing his meal.

"But honestly Ace," I shook my head. "I can't help but feel that you should have listened to the others. Teach seems to be a dangerous man-"