My diary

December,31   1999

Tomorrow is going to be the first day of next year. I am so excited. Oh sorry how rude am I. I am Elizabeth Tanner. I was born in 1982 and raised in am small town named Wultensburge. It is very small compared to all of the other towns around us. It is just me and my mom. My dad died in 1985, when I was just a little girl. And in 1993 my mom got very sick. I have lived with my mom for 17 years, and I have only left the house to go get food or the mail, well pretty much what we needed. My mom has cancer and it is really serious. She can die any day now and I know it is going to happen. Nobody can live forever right. And I have no clue what I am going to do when she dies. I have no friends or family to go to and I don't even have a job so how am I going to keep this house. The reason my mom has kept this house with out me or her working is because , my mom was a school teacher and now she is retired and so she gets paid for doing nothing, and that is why we still have the house but if my mom dies the checks wont come and then I am in big trouble. Oh hey my mom is calling.

"Elizabeth, can you come here for a minute please?" 

"Yeah mom, what is it?"

"The doctor just called.................... I don't have very long."

"....................."

I couldn't say a word. I don't want my mom to die. She means the world to me. She is my only friend. The only person I can talk to. I am to shy to talk to any one else because I never actually, really talked to some one be for, well except the cash year at the grocery store, but he only told me the amount of money so it wasn't like a conversation. 

"What............"

"I know this is hard, but I will be in a better place with your father."

".................."

"Baby say something."

I ran up to her and said "please don't leave me. I love u to much. I don't want you to go"

"I know baby I know, but it just was to be this way."

"What am I suppose to do?"

"You can get a job"

"I know that but I cant afford the house"

"Live in an apartment. And make friends."

"But I don't want you to leave me. Who am I going to take care of?"

"Your self."

I hugged her and said "I love you."

"I love you to" as she was squeezing me tighter and tighter knowing she never wanted to let go.