Chapter 1.

The cold Alaskan breeze blew my dark brown hair behind me, leaving my pale face exposed. I checked my phone; 7:29pm. My older brother Kaedon should be home soon, I took one last sip of my french vanilla coffee and closed my book. Throwing away my cup, I see two guys walking up the sidewalk and the blonde one looks over and smiles. I give a short smile before hiding my face. As I walk by, his beautiful blue eyes follow me until I pass the street corner turning to the parking lot. I jump into the drivers seat of my Jeep and back out of the lot. I turn on the radio and Trojan by Atlas Genious comes on. I start to drive out of the town of Hannas and focus on getting home, I live far out of town and deep into the woods of Alaska. My parents thought it would be safer to live far out of town, but honestly I think its a little creepy when you drive back home at night and seeing a random cabin in the woods.

I finally made it home after an hour of driving. Kaedon walks through the door laughing. Confused, I look around the corner and see the same blonde boy I saw in town, the one with the beautiful blue eyes and the hair that is so perfectly-

"Ashlee! Come here and meet someone!"

I snap out of daze and walk out of the kitchen. The boy meets my gaze as I make my way over to Kaedon.

"Ashlee, this is Niall. He moved to the house about half a mile from us. You know that old cabin we used to explore askids?" I nod, "Thats the one, he's about your age so I thought you two could hang out or whatever you do." Kaedon says pushing me over to Niall, ending up with me bumping into his shoulder.

"Oh sorry." I say not daring to look into his beautiful eyes.

"Don't worry about it." He says laughing lightly, his irish accent peeking through.

"Well, I have to go finish unpacking boxes, maybe you can come help me tomorrow?" Niall asks turning towards me.

"Well, um, I-" I studder.

"She would love to." Kaedon interupts.

"Great," Niall says smiling down at me, towering over my 5'2 body,"See you tomorrow."

He walks out the door but not before smiling back at me. He closes the door and I run over to the window and peek through the curtain. I watch as Niall slips into his car and drives down the gravel path leading to the main road.

"Why did you do that?!" I yell at Kaedon walking from the window.

"Do what?" He asks acting like everything didnt just happen.

"Tell a random stranger Im going to go to his house and help him unpack! He could rape me! or kill me! or something!"I yell as Kaedon laughs.

"Ashlee, he's fine. His dad was friends with our dad when he was alive. Niall moved here from California wanting somethingnew in his life. He's fine." Kaedon says walking up the stairs,"also, I was trying to get you some!" Kaedon laughs his ass off at his comment.

I roll my eyes and head upstairs to my bedroom. I change into my pajamas and slip into my bed.

"Tomorrow I help Niall move, great. Just great." I say to myself as I drift off to sleep.