Last Breath

Winter and Selene were playing happily in the small playhouse when the was a knock on the door. Their nanny left, and the two kept playing. Oblivious as to why the nanny left.

Soon a voice could be heard over their own. They both curiously peered at the nanny.

Selene noticed that she was talking to her Aunt. She also noticed the nanny was very nervous and kept messing up her words. Selene looked over to Winter, who was giggling for an unknown reason. Selene laughed with her; not exactly knowing why.

"Winter is being seen by Dr. Eliot today. " Her Aunt said, in a serious tone. "I've come to take her. "

Winter went back into the playhouse, and Selene followed after her. Still, she absent-mindedly listened to the on going conversation.

After a long pause Aunt Levana said "Winter, come along."

Selene turned to her cousin, curious as to why she hasn't left yet.

Sighing out Winter said "I don't want to go with step-mommy. "

After a minute or two Winter left, but not before saying goodbye.

Selene watched her leave. She didn't like her Aunt, and desperately wanted her to leave. She did not like her being there.

Still, Aunt Levana stayed and questioned the nanny about complete nonsense.

Winter walked over and slipped her hand into Aunt Levana's. "I'm ready to go, Mother"

Selene's Aunt told her to wait in the hall. Winter waved to her, and Selene waved back sneaking back into the playhouse.

Her Aunt kept talking, but Selene only noticed one thing. The sound of her voice. It almost sounded like excitement. Which Selene never heard her sound like before. It was.... odd.

Selene ignored her and played on her sparkly portscreen until the nanny came back.

Her nanny was holding something that was glowing at the top. The nanny set it down onto the door next to the edge of the play house. Then, she did the funniest thing. She went to sleep.

Not that Selene minded. The nanny always staring at her made her feel weird. She didn't like when people stared at her, and this happened all to often.

The glowing light on the white circle grew. Flickering upward, it spread to a blanket hanging over the side of the playhouse.

Selene was mesmerized by it. Nothing else she has ever seen looked like it.

It danced around her, swirling, bright, beautiful, and happy.

Selene reached out to touch it. The closer her had got to it the hotter her hand felt. Then, there was pain. She quickly snaped her arm back. The pain was like nothing she ever felt before. Not like the scratch Selene got when she fell in the garden. Not like when her friend Jacin accidentally hit her bruise.

No. This hurt more. Like Unexplainable light that engulfed her.
Gray puff spreed through the air, stinging get eyes. Tears made their way down her face. It was hot. Very hot.

The light scorched her left leg. Then rose to her left hand. Selene was screaming uncontrollably.

She soon heard shouts other then her own.

Her senses were failing. She tried to crawl away, but things were collapsing around her. She blacked out. Not able to see anything but darkness.

Only able to hear her dieing breath.

Author's Note
This is obviously the fire in Selene's/Cinder's point of view. Next up is What happens when Winter finds out. That her cousin is dead.

*anything in italics is from Fairest.

*I will make a actual cover later on. I'm just to lazy to make it now.

Thanks for reading! I don't normally write stuff like this, so any comments/suggestions will help! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o