1

I quickly ran thru a crowd of people stomping on every puddle. Already my 2nd week here and I was yet again going to be late. I was an intern for People's Magazine.

It wasn't more than fetching coffee and answering phone calls. But it was a start. I left home at 18, a rebellious child. I did graduate high school, 3rd in my class but my parents and I had different views about my future. They wanted to manage every detail of my life eventually driving me away from home. That was 5 years ago.

I now live in New York City, half way across the country from them and not once have they bothered to reach me. I didn't have it easy, the first few years I was a party animal. I went out drinking almost every night, I lived off the streets. That was until my best friend moved away. Leaving me homeless. I worked as a waitress for a while just to get on my feet. Then I wrote festive columns for the newspaper finding my passion in writing. That was what I wanted to do with my life. Become a journalist. I would give anything to become one.

And here I am rushing to make it on time. I swing open the doors passing the lobby, still running, I slow myself down and fix my cloths.
"Your late, Solis.''
"I know, I apologize my po.."
"...don't let it happen again. Follow me." I exhaled. I follow Ms. Reed into her office, she was the one showing me the ups and downs of the whole journalism business.
"Have a seat Melissa."
"Now, you know Susie? Our design coordinator. Well she quit this morning leaving us stranded without her."
"..Yes! I would love to take her spot."
"Patience, Melissa. Your only an intern. What I was going to ask if you could help us with our photoshoot this afternoon. We need somebody young, someone who understands the newest trends and has a sixth sense in fashion to help us take on our newest issue of Sexiest Man Alive. Are you up for the task?"
"Hell yeah! Sorry but I've been waiting for you guys to ask me. I mean last years issue was soo..."
"...Excellent. First thing I need is a sketch of the overall theme. That was Susie's job, saying she quit she took the sketch with her. Have the sketch ready by 3 o'clock this afternoon. Now go fetch me my coffee."
"Yes ma'am." I mumble.

A/N

In this story Mikey Marrero is around his late 20's & the other main character, Melissa Solis is 23. Okay so I wanted to make the intro short & to the point, for that reason Mikey did not come out yet. But be ready for the next chapter!!

Xoxo, Lauren