Chapter 1

Breath.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Don't let it control you.
Don't let it scare you.
Don't let him scare you.
Honor, be strong.
Be strong for your mom.
You have to try, okay?
Remember what she said.
Remember her voice.

Honor stared out of the window of her school bus, no emotion shown on her face. Emotionless, that's what she wanted to feel. Emotionless and numb, because that's all she could feel. There was no love, no happiness, no joy. There was no sadness. It was just numb. She was just numb. Numb of everything. Her light brown eyes glided along the moving obstacles that were outside, dreading where they were taking her. They were taking her to Mr. Yuen's house.

A place she used to call home.

A place that was now nowhere.

A place where all of herself burned.

It drained her from the inside out. She didn't want to go back. Every single day, the school bus takes her from home and then to home. There was nothing she could do about it. She would rather sit by herself, staring out of the window and silently crying, then having any friend or worse, having her father pick her up. This. The school bus, was the best she had.

When the bus stopped near her house, so did her heart. No mater how impossible it was, Honor always prayed that one day the bus would just keep going, never turning back to this disastrous place she once called home. She slowly walked down the aisle of the bus, clutching her book bag straps tightly. She waked down the steps and flinched briefly once the doors slammed shut and the bus sped off, showing her modern looking house on the other side of the rode. It's funny, really. From here the house looked so, normal.

Just like any other house in any other neighborhood.

No wonder why no one suspected anything.

If Honor didn't live here, she would've thought the same thing.

She stared at the house for a few more seconds, her feet feeling almost plastered onto the concrete sidewalk across the street. Forcing herself, she began to walk, slowly. Her hands began to shake as she struggled desperately to calm down, knowing that her father hated seeing her afraid.

"It makes you look like a whiny bitch." He would say, usually in the process of another blow to the cheek. Honor shook out the memory and took another deep breath, opening the front door slowly and peeking her head through. It was silent, a little too silent. All she could hear was the air conditioning, as she stepped inside, closing the door behind her. She didn't want to speak. Hell, she barely wanted to move. She just wanted to enjoy the silence.

She leaned against the door, taking a giant sigh as she closed her eyes, gliding her moist tongue against her dry lips as she gulped in relief. Finally, she was alone. She had forgotten how long it was since she was left alone. A few months, maybe? It didn't matter, though. She was alone. Of course, her father was going to be back, but at least she was alone for right now, and that was enough for her.

"What in the bloody hell are you doing? I was waiting for you all damn day. Come on, the kitchen is a fucking pigsty. " She heard, her eyes shooting open as she widened them frightfully, hearing the deep, raspy voice that she was dreading all day. She refused to look at him, her widened eyes staring at the ceiling as she could feel her breathing begin to quicken.

After a few moments of silence, she could hear his voice again, but this time, louder.

Rougher.