0.0 | n3wg!rl.mov

0.0 | n3wg!rl.mov

    E Corp, the worst of the worst. They're so big, they're literally everywhere. A perfect monster of modern society. The E might as well stand for evil and now I'm supposed to help them.

They all walked like a pack of hungry wolves into the room, with one difference. There was a girl with them now which wasn't common with them.

She was walking besides the man with the words 'large ego' basically radiating out of him as he looked down at everyone in the office that they passed by the cubicles.

Her black curls were mindlessly bouncing along her back as her heels obnoxiously clinked with each step.

The guy was barely paying attention to her as she went over what I assumed were notes on the meeting, causing her facial features to mold into a look of anger.

It was unlike me, actually, but I couldn't look away from the scene as it played out in front of me and everyone else struggled to look away while the rest of the Evil Corp group continued walking.

Her fingers wrapped around his upper arm to stop him from walking any further. Whatever it was, right now didn't seem like the right time to confront him about it - with all the workers and onlookers in the room - but that seemed unimportant to her at the moment as she scolded him for his lack of attention.

Some people lacked self-control when they're angry. I've noticed that a lot recently, especially with Angela. It was a common weakness so I didn't blame the unknown girl for it.

At least she was able to release her feelings from her system, I'll give her that. 

Gideon's familiar voice piped up behind me as he tried explaining to the group about what goes on in AllSafe, as if it wasn't obvious enough for them to just see. "...Six on-site engineers plus a few off-site."

At the mention of my position, I ripped my gaze from the melodramatic scene at the front and went back to my work.

The feeling of being watched even when they were gone stopped my fingers from typing any further words on my word-filled computer screen.

Looking back, I saw the guy and girl from earlier standing next to me; an awe-d looked on his face and an annoyed one on hers.

"Tyrell Willick. I'm senior vice president of technology." He cockily introduced himself, with a wholeheartedly grin plastered on his face, before turning over to the vexed girl standing next to him. "My assistant, Jade Hall."

"I'm not his assistant." She hastily snapped at him, lowering her dark eyebrows at him and taking a step forward to me.

"I'm Jade." She reintroduced herself as she turned to me, extending a perfectly manicured hand to me with what seemed like a genuine smile etched on her lips.

"Elliot, just a tech." I offered, forcing the corners of my lips into a polite smile for them.

God, when would they leave? I don't remember introductions being dragged out this long. Usually, it was just a few seconds but it seemed like this guy would never shut up; even Jade looked openly  annoyed by it.

"Bonsoir, Elliot." The guy, Tyrell, finally excused himself after a couple of weird comments which left me alone with his assistant who hated being called his assistant.

"He's kinda a dick." She remarked, scrunching her nose up in disgust when she looked over at him.

It wasn't weird for someone to dislike their co-workers, but it was a bit rare for them to be so open about their distaste. Especially right in front of them, like Jade was with Tyrell.

She was bold, I'll give her that but it wouldn't be long before that got her fired.

"Elliot?" One of her eyebrows was raised up as she questioned my silence in response to her comment. "You there?" Jade laughed, before waving her hand in front of my eyes to catch my attention.

A few people would glance our way at the sight of an unknown girl leaning by my desk next to me. Could I blame them? Not really. Considering the fact that I would avoid conversation with most of them yet here I was 'chatting up' some random girl, I would give myself a weird glance if I was them too.

Though, instead of giving me a weird glance, Angela smiled my way and flashed me a thumbs up.

"Oh, uh, yeah." I quickly answered before letting out a laugh.

That was the correct response, right? It seemed right. This was hard. Talking to people was hard enough, but it was even harder when I could feel Angela and Ollie watching me from the front.

"I was just thinking about the meeting." I lied, positive that telling her about me thinking about her boldness wouldn't aid the conversation.

"Ah," She nodded, before looking behind me; probably for Tyrell. "Hard worker?"

"Something along those lines." Not at all, I hated this job. There was no need to be a hard worker here when it was all simple to me.

Jade was quiet for a moment as she quickly ran her tongue over her maroon lips. "You have pretty eyes, Elliot." Huh? "They remind me of someone I knew. They just scream 'I know something you don't'."

Was she on to me too? Just like that strange man from the subway? I'm not specialized in flirting or anything, but I'm kind of sure that that's not a common thing you saw when you want to gain someone's interest.

I felt like she knew too much and I needed to know how. I needed to know who she really was but I couldn't hack her right now. They'd get suspicious here, especially Gideon.

Who knew that such a simple statement could make someone so paranoid?

"I don't know what you mean." I took that as my cue to get back to work, signaling that the conversation was over without actually having to tell her.

Why did they keep on looking over at me? Please don't tell me Angela is trying to get me another date, especially with her.

"You do." She interjected, tapping the top my desk before standing up straight again. "Good luck trying to hack me."

That was it. That was the final statement that sent me into overdrive. How could I not panic? She knew, she probably knew everything.

And now she was walking straight for Angela, who actually looked excited to talk to her.

Shit.

  ▲▼▲ 

lmao, so it's not exactly gonna be word by word from the show and some scenes might be not so accurate, but it has to be done for the story. i promise it's worth reading ok guys. btw, if you have any suggestions on how to improve elliot's pov plz dm me! <3