Chapter 1

Here's a new story, hope you like it.

---------------------------------------------------------

     Hello there, I see you are here because you want to know what was on Earth before humans am I right? That’s what you think was on Earth before humans, dinosaurs?  Yes yes, that’s what everyone thinks was on Earth before humans. Well… That’s not it. Your surprised? Have you seen a dinosaur before, or seen a fossil of one? Just because you’ve seen fossils on the internet and in museums doesn’t make them real. Anyway, I’m going to show you now what really was on earth before humans...

     “Hey, Mariline… Mariline wake up.”

     I heard Allen, my brother’s friend, wake me up as I blinked open my eyes. “What is it?” I muttered as I slowly raised my head. Why’s he bothering me? I thought. Allen was sleeping over tonight, but because he’s my brother’s friend. He’s not my friend…

     Allen reached for my left arm and pulled it. “C’mon, I’ll show you.” He tugged at my arm so hard that he pulled me out of bed.

     I fell to the floor with a smack. “Oof!” I said as I yanked my arm away from his grasp, angrily. “Do you mind?” I spat. “It’s-“ I used my hands to hold my body up to see a clock on a small table which was next to my bed. I saw that it was two o’ clock in the morning. “It’s two o’ clock in the morning.” My arms collapsed underneath me.

     “C’mon, hurry up and come into your brother’s room!” He said convincingly. He ran into the room that was next to mine.

     I sighed as I got up and, shakily, walked to Andrew’s room to see Andrew sleeping on the floor. I looked up to see Allen sitting on my brother’s bed, looking out of an open window.

     I walked to him and sat on the bed next to him. “What is it?” I looked at him and yawned.

     Wait, what? Oh you thought that I would go right to what there was on Earth before humans..? Okay okay I’m sorry, but let me tell you the story from the beggining all right? Don’t yawn as if you’re bored! Trust me, you’ll find this to be interesting soon enough.

     He looked at me and pointed out the window. “Look outside and see.” He told.

     He pointed to my neighbor’s backyard as there was something there that was shining...  Shining like the sun… But instead of it being yellow it was blue. Sparks flew a foot high from the backyard. “What the..” I narrowed my eyes to see what was shining so bright, but my body forced my eyes to close.

     “I wonder what it is..” Allen said thoughtfully.

     I then realized something. I turned to Allen. “Why are you showing me this? Why aren’t you showing my brother, Andrew, this?”

     Allen looked at me, and then looked down, blushing. “Well-“

     “Yes! Yes it’s finally done!”

     Allen was interrupted by a man outside. We both turned to the window to see that no more sparks were flying. And the blue thing in the backyard was shining brighter.

     “The Time Machine is finally done!” A man in a lab coat came into vision. He was wearing safety goggles and he had ruffled brown and white hair. He held a clipboard in the air.

     Me and Allen looked at each other and our eyes met. His green eyes showed excitement. “A time machine!” He shouted in joy.

     “Shhhhh!” I looked over at my brother to see him waking up. I leaned over to whisper into Allen’s ear. “Don’t tell him about the time machine.” I told. “He’ll get so exited about it, but when it doesn't work he'll get deppressed." I pulled my head away from him.

     Allen’s smile turned into a frown. “Why wouldn’t it work?” He asked. “It’s bound to work! A scientist created it, we can go back and see dinosaurs!” he smiled again and closed his eyes.

     “It won’t work because it’s impossible to go back into time.” I convinced.

     “Impossible to go back to what?” My brother sat up with tired, dark blue eyes. His blonde, short hair was ruffled.

     I looked at Andrew. “Impossible to go back to…” Think of something. “To the kitchen… Without waking someone up. Allen is hungry.” I nudged Allen’s arm.

     “Uh, yeah.” Allen got up and walked out of the room.

     I sighed in relief. Good, usually Allen can’t keep a secret. I thought. He always tells me Andrew’s secrets. I got up and started walking out of Andrew’s room until Andrew held out his hand and grabbed my ankle. I fell down and braced myself for hitting the floor. I looked back at Andrew. “What?” I asked.

     “You two are hiding something.” My brother muttered. “What is it?” He narrowed his eyes.

     “W-were not hiding anything.” I stammered. Err, I thought. Mariline, stop being so shy! You’ll give everything away!

     He pulled at my ankle and tightened his grip. “Tell me, I’m your older brother. You can’t keep secrets from me!” He demanded with clenched teeth.

     I clenched my teeth as pain in my ankle increased. “Um…”