Part 1

"Just like a butterfly, I'm scared I'll lose you."

Wonwoo hated everything in the world except for two things: Kim Mingyu, his unhygienic best friend, and butterflies.

Wonwoo doesn't smile, like never.
He had family problems and now,
he doesn't live with them but
by himself.
He didn't have any friends
and keeps his feelings bottled up.

For 3 years since the start of High School, Mingyu has been leading him with a smile. It was hard to befriend Wonwoo at first, since he's cold but Mingyu got used to his rude remarks. He was always there when Wonwoo needed someone, always wanting to lend his shoulder to Wonwoo for him to cry on. Mingyu is Wonwoo's anchor, the one who supports him and has his back all the time. Those are the reasons why Wonwoo didn't hate him.

And guess what, Mingyu was the first person to make him smile and laugh ever since his parents left him ( 6 years ago ).

Butterflies were something else.

When Wonwoo first saw a butterfly ( when he was in 6th grade ), he was attracted to its colours and symmetry. It wasn't only that, but the deeper motives contributed to it got his attention. If they didn't flew, or if they flew straight and briskly like bees, or if they stung, we wouldn't find them beautiful. A caterpillar turns into a lovely butterfly, but butterflies gets all the publicity when caterpillars did all the work, Wonwoo wondered why. It got him curious, and paying attention in Science class was smart. His teacher taught the class about butterflies, and it got him more interested.

Since then, he started loving butterflies.

Mingyu knew about Wonwoo's love to butterflies and always asked why, but all he got was the same old answer.

"Butterflies are self-propelled flowers, that's why I love them."

When it was Wonwoo's 16th birthday, Mingyu got him a big blue butterfly keychain; which is now attached to Wonwoo's black bag.

"Sometimes I wish I'm a butterfly," Wonwoo suddenly blurted out of nowhere, getting a questioning look from Mingyu.

"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. Look at me; broken, trapped in the memories, no one's priority."

When they first became friends, Wonwoo noticed that Mingyu was really touchy. He really liked skinship so after Wonwoo got comfortable with him, he let Mingyu hug him or hold hands with him. In the first year of High School, Mingyu was a little bit shorter than Wonwoo. Since it's already the last year, Mingyu had towered over his best friend; who gets upset about that. So, Mingyu has the advantage to actually backhug the shorter so he has been doing that ever since then.

Some people usually mistook them as a couple, since they hold hands and hug, but Wonwoo would always deny it polietly with his lips sealed while Mingyu just grin awkwardly. Secretly at the bottom of his heart, Wonwoo wish that he didn't have to do that.

Yes, Jeon Wonwoo is gay for Kim Mingyu. He got to know his feelings for the male in their second year of High School.

In that year, whenever Mingyu whispered to him with his deep sexy voice, or when Mingyu touched him, Wonwoo felt his heart beating very fast and a shiver running through his body. He hid the blushes when Mingyu smiled at him with his charming teeth, the smiles when Mingyu whispered sorry to him whenever he got disturbed in class by the male.

With no denial, Wonwoo told himself with a smile that he had fallen in love.

But, he couldn't tell Mingyu. He knew the male wasn't gay nor bisexual and he could probably lose a special friend after confessing. So he kept quiet until their senior year, when Mingyu got hit on by many pretty girls. This one girl that flirted with Mingyu gave a pang of pain to Wonwoo's heart a little bit.