What is the Safe Love Campaign?

The Safe Love Campaign is a campaign whose purpose is to promote the idea that writers do not need to include sexual intercourse/activities, unhealthy relationships, or both, within their stories for their books to be good or popular.

However, this is for a reason. There are people under the age of eighteen on this site, some who have never had a romantic relationship or look to books to tell them what to do in such situations. If all of the books tell them that it is normal to be manipulated by their partner for their partner's gain, that an act of kindness always comes with a price, or that only one partner's happiness matters in a relationship, they might assume that relationships are supposed to be like that.

They're not.

No one should have to be in a relationship where they feel they are at risk or that is going against their moral code, and the stories or profiles with the #safelove tag, sticker, or both, show that the story/profile includes and promotes clean and safe romantic relationships between their characters, or that their story could be one that shows a character getting out of an unhealthy relationship to live a happier, healthier, life.

Disclaimer: We are not saying that relationships that include sexual intercourse are unhealthy. Our goal is just to collect stories safe for people of all ages to read. Unsurprisingly, not everyone wants to read about the dirty details of two characters going at it. Kind of like how not everyone likes to watch scary movies. It's an acquired taste that varies from person to person.

Additionally, can you imagine your seven year old family member reading some of the fanfiction on here? What about reading one of the stories out loud to your sixty three year old grandmother? How about sharing one of the romance stories with your Sunday School teacher or your mother? No? Then you see our point.