Prologue

"Strike him out pitcher!"

"One more out!"

"Hey batter, batter!"

"Come on, Matthews!"

The roar of the crowd, and the crowing of my teammates sent an anxious shudder through my body. My mind was being thrown into a state of desperate need. The desperate need to win. It was a familiar feeling and that comforted me slightly. 

My heart was racing, I was sweating bullets, and the frenzy around me was getting even louder. The batter from the opposite team stepped up to the plate with a confident smirk on his face and got in postion with a tip of his hat in my direction. 

I tightened my grip on the ball. Don't get yourself worked up over something stupid again, Adrian. Just because the fate of the game rests of the way you pitch doesn't mean the team will get pissed at you for throwing a bad pitch. God knows thoughts like that will definitely cost us the game. 

I glance up and caught the heated gaze of the guy who I relied so heavily on. My body immediately relaxed, as it always did whenever he stared at me so heatedly. The anxious knot in the pit of my stomach faded away with the lopsided grin that he shot in my direction.

He signaled the next pitch with a pointed look. Don't get worked up. Relax, and just pitch Adrian. 

A fastball, just on the edge of the strike zone. 

I nodded as he moved his glove to where to pitch would land. His blind faith in my pitching abilities astounded me sometimes. I tightened my grip on the ball again, my palm less sweaty than before. I had to give him a reason for that faith.  I reeled my arm back, then shot it forward. 

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, your thoughts?