This Is Home

The curtains dropped, fans of all ages screamed up towards us reaching their little arms out. Flashes of light glittered in the air from the thousands of cameras in front of us. Banners were held up with words of admiration written on them. This was what we had dreamed of doing all of our lives. Tom ran to the center of the stage, clutching his guitar. He pointed to one girl at the front of the crowd before giving her a sly wink. Travis began hitting his drums, creating a climax. Tom began to strum his guitar, and I knew this was now my cue.

"Hello, Las Vegas!" I shouted, encouraging the fans. Tom looked over with a smile on his face. I couldn't believe I was with my friends again, making music.

"Hello to everyone with boobies, i'm ready to fucking party!" Tom added playfully. The screams from the audience grew louder. It didn't seem like he had changed either.

Tom continued his riff and I started the bass for our song "Feeling This", adrenaline pumped through my full body. This is what I lived for. The music, the fans, the rush. Travis picked up a sweat and the crowd danced a long. Their voices together with ours filled the concert hall. I wish we had never had that stupid fall out, I wish I hadn't ruined things. This is who I am. Making music with Travis was good, but lets face it, I needed Tom in my life and that had became more than obvious during the split. The stupid arguments, the petty fights, they were all pointless. Tom meant everything to me.

"Fuck yeah, Vegas! You guys are fucking crazy!" Tom screamed, distracting me from my train of thought. "BOOBIES!"

"Tom, stop looking at the underage girls" I joked into my microphone.

"If I wanted to look at underage girls, i'd just sneak into your bedroom at night." He retorted. Oh yeah, great comeback.

"Hey, my wife is of legal age. You keep Skye out of this!" I smirked, laughter filled the air from the audience. Even Travis was chuckling behind us.

After plenty more jokes, and a lot more songs, we said goodbye to the crowd and left the stage.

"Hey, Mark!" Tom grinned as we made our way to our tour bus, he looked so young and full of energy. "I think we did good!"

"Yeah, I'm so tired after that performance though" I laughed.

"Better get that changed, we've got a full tour to do!" He smiled. He looked like he was genuinely happy that everything was falling back into place. I was too, I just hoped that it didn't all happen again. That I let it all happen.

Travis caught up with us, sweat was dripping off him. I had no idea how this guy did it. He practically killed the drums during each song. How can one little guy play with such strength and stamina. As much as I sometimes disliked the guy, he was an amazing drummer and Blink needed him.

"Travis, you did fucking amazing tonight," Tom praised him before pulling him into a bro hug, "fucking proud of you dude!"

"Thanks man, appreciate it." Travis patted Toms shoulder. "You're a great friend."

Tom and Travis both looked at me like they expected me to say something. I just smiled. I was going to show them that I could change. I guess in the past, I got a little too jealous over Travis and Tom's friendship. You couldn't really blame me when they were starting other bands behind my back. Anyway, that was all in the past now. Things were going to be good again.

"Last one in the tour bus has to perform naked during our next show!" I exclaimed, making myself feel better.

Tom froze, and Travis gulped. Before you could say,well...anything, we were all running out the back door of the arena and racing for the tour bus. Fans that had been waiting outside screamed as they spotted us. I would have stopped and spoke to some, but this was a serious matter now. Suddenly, Travis sped in front of me and leaped onto the bus first. I was just seconds away now, thinking about, Tom probably wanted to go on stage naked. This wasn't even a challenge for him. That's why my jaw dropped as I felt him pull me back and there I was, steps away from the door of the tour bus with Tom standing in the entrance.

"We'll take you somewhere for a wax before the next show, don't worry" Tom winked before leaving my sight.

Actually, why did this guy mean so much to me? Dick.