The Beginning

The most important day of my life was when I was just 5 years old. I remember it so clearly and I always will. It was the day I got you. It was fathers day and I couldn't be happier because I was about to get a new puppy. After about an hour long drive, we arrived at a farm. We got out of my dad's old truck and walked past two fully grown golden retrievers who seemed extremely excited and were on their hind legs, holding on to the chain link fence. They were your parents. We kept walking and arrived in a small barn full of a bunch of golden puppies. They were all jumping on my small 5 year old body and running too fast for their little legs. I could hold them for any longer than a few seconds before they jumped out of my arms. They all seemed so happy. but you werent like them. You were in the back of the barn, hiding under the table. You were a lot bigger than the other dogs and you actually let me hold you, and unlike the other dogs, you didnt want to leave my arms, and i didnt want to let you go. We had an unbreakable bond that began at that very moment, and would continue for years to come. We filled out the paper work and had to come uo with a name. We stuck you in the truck and brainstormed for a while. We all said names and none of them seemed right until mom said Murphy. It seemed perfect and it suited you. In the car on the way home, you layed in the back seat in between my brother, who was 8 years old at the time, and I. You were laying in such a way that you looked like superman flying in the air and we laughed wbout it, the whole way home.