A Shadow's Kiss- 1

Hello all! I am revising this story once again. I am not happy with the trajectory of this story. Finally, it is safe to say that I have found a storyline that I am happy with. Also, I have decided to change the age of this character because this story will have adult themes. As fun as it was to have created this story in high school, I want it to be reflected differently. And I will not be giving away what I plan to do with this story. So, enjoy. After all this time, this story is my most popular. So thank you!

Read & Enjoy! :)

Is this a nightmare? What is going on with my body? I feel a slithering, maybe? I feel a soft, light pressure on my neck, and my skin tingles after the pressure is removed. I'm stirring. In my hazy state, I move over onto my back and haphazardly move my hair away from my neck and face. All I see is darkness- a void, absolute nothingness in my mind's eye. My body is falling and I sit up quickly, my body covered in sweat. I grasp my chest and suck in air, my lungs expanding to their fullest extent.The windows fly open violently, hitting the walls on either side. The sheer, floral curtains whirl furiously in the wind. Rain is pouring into my bedroom and pelting against the wooden floor. Stunned for a moment, I remind myself to get up. I draped my legs over the bed and I heard a faint swooshing sound. I yelped and I turned around. Nothing's there. It is dark in my room, and all the shadows are elongated by the faint light of the evening. I cover my chest with my hand- my heart beating against my chest. I slowly descend toward the windows and I grab one of them. As the force of the wind and rain pelts my body, I grasp the other window. With any strength I could find in my tired state, I struggle to close the windows. The swishing sound disappears at last and I close the window.

I tucked a loose strand behind my ears and I sat on my bed again. I lean over and pick up my phone from my nightstand. It's 3:50 in the morning and there are a few email notifications from my classes. I hear that sound again, like the sound of a cape moving about in empty air. I gasp and my phone falls from my hand and falls onto the floor. I look behind me again, again nothing. When I turn around, I am caught off guard by the tall, looming shadow standing behind the curtain. I am stunned that no sound comes from my throat. I slowly creep down to grab my phone and when it's in my hands, I bolt from my bed. Before I could reach the door, it slammed in front of my face.

Is this what it's like being hugged by darkness? Who knew it could be so comforting? As if hands are crawling up my arms, my body is pliant and not mine. One wrapping around my waist, another sliding behind the nape of my neck. Fingers comb through my hair and a gentle tilt upward. My eyes searched for the figure in front of me but all I saw was blackness. A....sigh? I feel a light pressure against my body, something solid and sturdy, a chest, a stomach? As if my hands are pressed against a chest, and I try to become a force that will not bend, I am pushed against it. A hand cradles the back of my head. Lips? A soft breath tickles my ear. A mouth, a kiss on the inside of my neck? A hot, heavy breath, warm and steady. There is pressure on the juncture of my neck, a soft nip, and then a bite. A resounding bite.

My body begins to move, grasping at anything to pull this thing away. The grasp on me tightens and I can no longer move. My voice is no longer lost as I begin to squeal, and tears fall down my cheeks. Then the sounds stop as a hand covers my mouth. I suck in a breath. My body becomes lax. I'm no longer struggling. The hand covering my mouth is absent. I'm leaning against the body of the creature who seems to have taken something from me. My eyelids begin to flutter as I begin to make sense of my surroundings. But still, all I see is blackness. My neck is hot and wet. My feet are no longer touching the floor as hands hold the back of my knees and my feet dangle. My head rests on the slope between the neck and shoulder. My arms are hanging and swinging as I am being taken in a different direction. I see the shape of something before sleep takes over and my body falls limp.Maybe this was all a nightmare and I'll just wake up...