One

A/N: So Im not really good with the "diary format" like with the dates and months. So just pay attention to the text of the story instead. Tysm!
~~~~~~

My backpack was already slung over my shoulder and I could tell Rowley was ready too. He had a goofy smile and gave me a thumbs-up. I stared at him, hoping to NOT spend my summer with him.

You see, me and his dad don't have a very good relationship and background. The bell rang and I literally jumped out of my chair and ran down the hallways. I could tell Rowley was trying to catch up to me, but at this speed, I was impossible to track down.

Before I could turn my head foward in the right direction, I was falling down, knocking down a really cute girl. She screamed and we toppled down on the floor. Kids just ran and JUMPED over us, ignoring the fact that I was suffocating to death. I didn't even know what happened because in 2.5 seconds we were tangled up on the floor. I had no earthly idea where my legs or arms were.

It was suprising that no one bothered to help us up. So I pulled my legs off the ground and stood up. I gasped when I saw that the girl was Holly Hills! She raised and eyebrow at me and I offered to help her up. And this time, instead of making a dirty look at me, she grabbed my hand and pulled herslf up.

And with Holly Hills just touching my hands, groups of boys and girls snapped millions of pictures. Some of Holly's friends giggled and said,"Oo, Holly is he your boyfriend?"

I saw Rowley in the crowd winking at me.

By Holly's facial expression I could tell she was going to hunt down her friends. But everyone knew Holly was too nice.

And then the most weirdest thing came out of Holly's mouth,"Yes, Greg is my boyfriend." I looked at her and before I could even say anything, she kissed my cheek.

The crowd started to fade away and then Holly whispered to me,"Thanks, I owe you." Popularity is a big thing here at Westmore Middle School. And then we both walked both in different directions.

I ran home, smiling. I was so happy that I ran into the Mingo Kids. But suprisingly, they ignored me. Ah, a good start to summer.

I walked into my house, having the biggest and creepiest smile on my face. But Mom was sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee with an envelope in her hand. She didn't like happy. But I never really have seen my mom happy, so it's not a suprise

Mom said,"Greg Heffley, come here." I awkwardly sat down nest to here and gulped loudly. She gave me the envelope which was opened which meant she read it already.

On the front of the envelope it was signed, From Vice Principal Roy.
And at the bottom it said in bold letters, To the Parents of Greg Heffley.

I sighed and pulled out the letter. It read:

Dear Parents/Guardians of Greg Heffley,
We hope you enjoy your summer break and be prepared to come back next year! However, Greg's behavior and grades haven't met our school's expectations. We want your child, every student's grade to be successful for the future! So in order to do this, I have talked to our principal and Greg's teachers. We have all agreed that Summer School is a good choice for Greg.

Summer School will begin tommorow. Drop your child off at 6:00 AM at the front of the school building. Summer School ends at 3:30 PM. If you have any questions, concerns or comments, here is our contact information.

Vice Principal Roy           viceprincipalroy@gmail.com             832-800-0091
Mr.Ira                                  mynameismrira@gmail.com            712-339-8886
Mr.Underwood             underwoodpeclass@gmail.com            812-345-8760
(A/N: If you know any more of Greg Heffley's teachers, please tell me.)

I screamed. I. AM. DOOMED.