Part one; How are we gonna do that?

Two mechs conversed animatedly in one of their quarters. Steve the Vehicon and Bob the Insecticon were chatting idly in the latter's tiny room, discussing plans to escape the dark and horribly plain ship. It was late in the night, and Steve was falling asleep where he sat, perched on Bob's berth.

"D'you mind if I recharge here, bud?" He yawned out, half asleep already. The insecticon nodded sagely, and lay down, curling around his best and only friend. Steve leaned against his friends wide and tough hide, pressing against the warm and purring hunk of metal.

"You owe me, little mech. You know I need my sleep." The gruff insecticon murmured, before falling into the smoky digits of the comfort giver named stasis. He slept lightly, and awoke with every scuff outside his berth room door. To any other Cybertronian, they looked like mates.

Morning rolled over the planet they resided above in a show of shy pastels and boisterous sunbeams. Both of which were missed by the two, subtle rises of their chassis' showed the fact they were not dead. Steve was hugging Bob with servos and pedes, unable to wrap his arm struts around the giant mech. Also, he was hugging Bob's face.

"8O8! Get up, I wishe to speak with you." The raspy voice of a Megatron called from the intercom. Bob and Steve looked up with dreary optics. Both wishing to sleep for awhile longer. They both had the same sleeping pattern, which helped their friendship greatly.

"If ST3V3 is with you, tell him to come with you. Lord Megatron out." The sound of sizzling static signalled the end of the public announcement. Wishing to get more sleep, Bob transformed and carried the half awake Vehicon on his bug form's spine, hoping a quick flight would wake them both.

They arrived at the communications room with little difficulty and full awareness. Steve and Bob bowed in a convincing façade of respect. Both despised the self proclaimed 'Lord' with a furnace of burning, flaming hate. The silver monster smirked, displaying sharp denta and a few new scars on his ugly faceplates.

"Glad you could make it, Steve and Bob. Surprised I know your little pet names? You should be. As a punishment for you two, you are to mine a whole deposit of energon. With no tools. And no one but yourselves. Get going, drones." Said the gladiator with a sadistic grin. He obviously had a plan, and not a good one for the emote mechs.

Before the two could leave, he struck out and ripped the insecticon's optics clean out. Mega-aft chuckled darkly as he crushed the mech's optics, and put a chip on Steve. The Vehicon clawed at it, noting his transformation codes had been shut off. He screeched, only to be tossed into a ground bridge.

The pair landed in an explosives packed cave. They looked at each other in determination. Rolling from side to side to avoid falling rocks and the two had explosions ringing in their audio receptors. This had to be the most creative way Megatron had gotten rid of subordinates. Heat blasted from all angles at the two terrified mechs.

As the rocks stopped falling, the two sat trembling, dust settling on the mechs' armour. Steve was careful as he stood up, tiny pebbles falling off his (now brown) plating. He coughed for a few minutes, before checking over his friend for injuries. He was worried about the lug's wellbeing as he was now blind.

"Are you alright? Oh what am I saying, clearly you're not! I have to get us out! But how..." The dented mech sighed, trailing off from his speech and leaning into his friend, who had begun rumbling deeply to calm him. Steve was only a vorn older than a sparkling, and the ancient insecticon knew he was stressing his processor to much.

"Hush now. I'll keep you safe. Let's just recharge and conserve energy. In the morning, we shall head toward the Autobot base. I kept it a secret to repay them from sparing me." At the same time as Steve, he fell asleep. The two stayed that way until daybreak, saving their energon for the long journey ahead of them.

I was bored. I know this is slightly serious, but it gets better later.
Owl

('V')
((:::))
''