Coming Home

Disclaimer: I do not own Glee. All characters belong to Ryan Murphy.

Finn's pov:
I know leaving Rachel at the train station was wrong but she needed to live out her dreams and she couldn't do that if she stayed with me in Lima. She's destined for great things and what type of boyfriend would I be if I didn't let her achieve her dreams? So I let her go. I regret it everyday and I miss her. I wonder what she's doing and if she met someone else. I haven't looked at another girl since then but I couldn't blame her if she did. It's been 5 months. 5 months that I didn't reply to her texts or pick up when she called. I just couldn't because then I would have went to see her. And I just couldn't hear her voice knowing that I would break down if I did. God I miss her but I have to redeem my father.
"Hudson!! Front and center boy!" That's the chief.
"Sir yes sir!" I said as I stood in posture.
"Sit down son. There's something I need to tell you." I quickly sit and wait for him to continue. Chief never been this calm so I pay attention.
"Here you go son. Now this is a honorary discharge. You're free to go. I'm sorry that it has come down to this but you just aren't cut out for this. You've did a wonderfully job redeeming your father and I'm sure he's proud. But I think he'll be even happier if you live out the dream you wanted. Not his." Chief patted my shoulder and slowly stood up. Honorary discharge?
"B-but sir-r I don't understand. I don't want to leave, t-this is my dream." I stutter holding the letter.
"I know this isn't your dream son. There's something out there for you but the army isn't your dream. For goodness sake, you've shot yourself in the leg Hudson! It's time to go home." Did I forget to mention that I accidentally shot myself in the leg while I was cleaning my rifle?
"No. I'm not leaving. I'll-I'll-" he cuts me off.
"It's not a question. That's an order!" And with that he left and I found myself packing my things. I know what I have to do. New York-here I come.

A/n: This chapter is dedicated to princessbell101. She convinced me to continue writing! Thanks!