Chapter 1, The Beginning

Alex's POV
Every morning before I go to my work I stop at Starbucks to start the day with a nice cup of coffee for me and my boss.

My boss is the CEO of the biggest fashion magazine company in New York, Miss Lauren Delora. She's not like your standard bitchy boss, her and I get along really well. We're professional at the office and after hours we're great friends.

I pay for the coffee and walk to the door. Just as I step outside I bump into someone, making the coffee spill all over me and the other person. "Goddamnit, can't you watch were you're walking?!" I snap.

I look up and meet the most beautiful caramel brown eyes I've ever seen. "Uh-uhh..." I stammer.

He tries to wipe the coffee of his shirt with his hands. "You bumped into me!" He snaps back and frowns at me.

"Do you have any idea how expensive this dress is?" I ask him furiously.

He rolls his eyes. "I don't have time for this." And walks away.

I scold. "Asshole." And look at my watch. "Shit, I'm gonna be late." I speed walk to the office.

____________________________________

"I'm so sorry. I was getting us coffee and all of the sudden this dickhead bumps into me and spills all the coffee over me." I explain to Lauren while taking of my coat.

Lauren looks at my dress with the big coffee stain and tries not to laugh.

"This is not funny!" I whine and sit on the couch in Lauren's office.

"Oh honey, I know that was your favorite dress." She looks at me with sympathy. "It's alright though, I've got a surprise for you anyways!"

My eyes lit up. "Really?" Lauren gets a lot of prototypes from big brands and sometimes she gives them to me! Best job in the world right? "What brand?" I ask with with a smirk.

She smirks back at me. "Gucci."

I squeal. That's my favorite brand! "Show me, show me!" I jump up and down.

"Okay okay, calm down!" Lauren laughs and walks to the closet in her office with all the new prototypes. She comes out with a beautiful red skintight dress.

"Oh my god, I love it!" Lauren smiles and hands it to me. "Well go try it on then."

I hug her and go to the closet. As I come out with the dress on Lauren's mouth hangs open. "Girl, you look absolutely gorgeous!" She says. "We need to go out and show this to the world." She exclaims.

I look at her through the mirror and smile. "Definitely, pick me up at eight?"

"Sure thing hon." She walks to her desk and sits down. "Now, time for work. We've got a lot to do!" I sit at her desk and we start our work for today.

Robert's POV
I'm so dead. My boss is going to kill me! And all because of that stupid girl.

I walk through the door and Leo, my boss, is standing there. "Oh shit." I whisper under my breath.

"Shit is right. You're late again!" Okay he's angry.

"Listen Leo, I can expla-" I started, but was interrupted by him. "I don't give a damn what you have to say Robert, I can't keep doing this anymore."

I sign. "I know man, I-I'll do better I promise. Just give me another chance." I plead.

He looks at me and signs. "One chance. Don't screw it up. I have a big job for you, do this right and you can stay."

"Thanks Leo." I smile at him and he explains the big job he's got for me.

____________________________________

It's 8pm and I'm ready to go home. I walking towards the door.

"Rob wait!" I hear behind me and see Marcus.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"We're all going out tonight, thought you might want to join?" He asks me.

I think about his offer. "Ahh might as well. At what time?"

He smiles. "Really? You never go out anymore after..." He stops, unsure.

I look down. "Yeah..."

"Well, nice to see that you're moving on Rob." He pats me on the back and walks away.

I continue my way to the door and walk home. "Hope the night goes better."

Hope you like it so far. Please vote and comment, let me know what you think :)!