Chapter 1

Hey guys, this is my first Emblem3 fanfic, I'm really excited about writing this!! I hope you like it!! please comment and vote! :D

I tossed a bottle of shampoo over towards my bed. Instead of hitting the comforter, my friend Talia caught it and sadly put it into the suitcase.

"Wow. 7 weeks. That's a pretty long time," Talia said looking at me like I was already gone.

"Yeah well I'm not exactly looking forward to it either." I rolled my eyes and frustratingly kept packing for my trip.

"Oh please, because California is going to be so miserable". A voice said from behind me "All those hot guys without shirts running around all day, unlimited beach access- and we're talking awesome west coast beaches, none of this Seaside Heights crap we're used to." My other friend Katie was sitting on the bench under my bay window with her feet on the wall to prop herself up.

I smiled to myself. "Going down the shore used to be our favorite part of summer, Kates," I said.

"Well yeah, but come on. You know this trip is going to be amazing."

I looked down at my half packed suitcase. "I just wish I could take you guys with me. I'm going to have no one to talk to down there" I pouted.

"What about your cousin? Aren't you guys about the same age?" Talia asked.

"We're not cousins. Our moms are just really good friends. But Yeah. I think she turns 17 later this week, so we'll be the same age. But I have never met her or anything."

"I'm sure you guys will be fine. Talia and I should be worried about being replaced by the time you get back" Katie giggled.

"Aw guys! I would never replace you!!" I laughed and enveloped them into a giant hug. We all started laughing harder before collapsing onto my bed.

Suddenly my door creaked open and I was greeted by my mother who was carrying a laundry basket full of clothes. "Avery, it's almost 10:30. We have to catch an early flight tomorrow so start sending your friends home soon." My mother spoke with a calm voice and you could tell that packing for this trip was exhausting her already. She put the laundry basket down on my floor and slid it over to my bed. "By the way, I washed some of your clothes, we're going to be gone for a while so it might be a good idea to pack extra shirts." With that, she smiled at us and made her way back to her room, probably to finish packing her own suitcase.

"I'm really gonna miss you guys!" I told them as I pulled them back into another hug.

"We're going to miss you too!" Talia told me, trying not to seem too upset that I was leaving. We hugged for another couple of seconds before they let go. As Talia and Katie made their way out of my room, Katie turned around and and paused in the doorway.

"Just try to have fun, okay?" She said with a wink. I started giggling and hugged her one last time.

"Hehehe! I'll try." I watched Katie walk out of the room and went over to the window. Jackson, Talia's older brother was already at the curb waiting to take Talia and Katie home. I watched as the '74 Mustang pulled out of my driveway and walked over to the mirror.

My blonde hair was in a loose bun, and I still had make up on from this morning. I glanced at the bottle of make up remover on my bureau and then decided I would just take a shower and get the make up off my face. That reminded me though, I took my make up bag and tossed it to the bed. I shoved a bunch of clothes into my suitcase and zipped it up. I flopped face first onto my bed, getting a mouthfull of comforter. I rolled over onto my back.

I wonder what my life is going to be like for the next 7 weeks. I guess California could be a good change from this boring suburban life I was living. I know one thing, I was really excited to test out the waves.