The Gang

------- this is my first fanfic that I actually allowed people to read... I always just wrote them in notebooks... Haha... Well thanks for checking this out! I hope you continue reading!--------

   Ponyboy's POV
It was Friday night and I was reading. Yeah, I know that's pretty lame, but my gang wasn't here yet, besides my brothers, and I decided to read until they came. You see, you're either a Greaser or Soc. I'm a greaser. Greasers wear too much hair grease and wear leather jackets. We are poor, we smoke cigarettes, we drink beer. (my gang doesn't exactly, but Two-Bit does) We steal things, get drunk, but we a lot more respect than the Socs. We live on the East side of town. We once in awhile get jumped by Socials. Socs. I think that's how you spell it. They're your average preps or jocks. They wear madras, rings, and drive mustangs. They are sure tuff. Not tough, but for sure they are tuff. They live on the West side of town. They are always drunk. They are always looking for a greaser to jump. It really sucks, but that's how things work around here and we gotta live with it. I heard pounding on the door. "OPEN UP, MR. CURTIS, IT'S THE POLICE!" Damn, I thought, what kind of trouble did Dally get into now? "um... Yes, officer, I'll be right there." My oldest brother, Darry, said in a worried voice. He looked at my other brother, Sodapop, and said, "Soda... Um get the door, please." I could tell Darry was scared and didn't want to talk to the police. He wasn't scared that Dally was thrown into the slammer. He was scared that the police were here to tell us that me and Soda have to go to a boys home. Soda opened the door and it wasn't no police. It was Two-Bit. "GOT YOU! YOU SHOULD OF SEEN YOUR FACE DAR!" Me and Soda were laughing, but as for Darry he kinda just gave Two-Bit "the look." "You better watch it, lil man." As if that was the nicest thing Darry could say at Two-Bit. I was still laughing. Dally was behind Two-Bit. "Hey! Pony I wouldn't be laughing! Should of seen your face! You look like a gorilla!" Dally said while he mocked by face. "Gorilla! If you're gonna try to make fun of the kid, actually say something funny! We'll have to work on your insults later, Dal." Two-Bit had said. Dally than grabbed me on to the floor and we started play wrestling. "What you got, Curtis?" He was much stronger than me but it was fun. Dally said, "Aren't you so cute when you try to beat up your handsome, strong, good looking, BEST friend." I wanted to say something smart. "No, Johnny isn't here yet!" Dally got up. He sat down on the couch. I sat next to him. He looked, believe it or not, he looked sad. Was Dally mad I considered Johnny more of a best friend than him? I rather not ask. After a few minutes Steve and Johnny showed up. Steve and Soda played cards. Darry was picking up some cheeseburgers and Cokes for us at Dairy Queen. Me and Dally were watching some beach movie. As Johnny was about to take a seat next to me Dally said, "That seat is taken, it's Soda's." I wasn't Soda's but I wasn't gonna speak up to Dal. Johnny just timidly said, "Oh, alright... Sorry Dal." The rest of the night was pretty simple. We ate cheeseburgers and drank Cokes and watched Gone with the Wind. In the middle of the movie Dally pulled me into me and Soda's room. I was confused "What's wrong, Dal?" Dally put his hands on my shoulder. "I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie tomorrow night?" I loved seeing movies. "Of course man, with Johnny?" He looked into my eyes with his cold, dark eyes. "Hell no. Just you and me, baby." "Okay, sounds good." We walked into to living room as if nothing happened. "What you guys do in there?! Did you guy make out?! Oh my gosh if you did I totally think you guys should totally date!" It was Two-Bit and other one of his jokes. But Dally was blushing. And well that was the rest of the night, Two-Bjt and his jokes, and Dally was constantly was picking on me and over protective over me......