Ch. 1

Edited 2016.27.8

"Girls, Girls, Girls, they love me." I sung along to the song that blared out of my laptop's speaker. I had on one of my father's baggy t-shirts as I danced along to all of my favorite Kpop group's songs.

"Jai Lin! Come down stairs, dinner is ready!" I heard my mother yell and I squealed in surprise. Quickly I shut my laptop and pulled on the closest pair of pants I could. I sprinted down the staircase quickly as I smelled the delicious food.

"Thanks mom." I said smiling as I sat next to my little brothers who also sat waiting eagerly. Soon enough the front door opened and in came my father looking tired as ever. He loosened his tie and kissed my mother on the cheek.

"It was a long day at work." He groaned as he held his head. His blonde hair was cut short and his green eyes were dark and tired.

"Did your artists like the lyrics I wrote?" I asked as I grabbed my plate from my mother and began eating the delicious food.

"Yeah they actually did, but they didn't like my beat I choose."

"That's stupid." I grumbled and ate my food while my parents were talking to themselves. After finishing the food I went back up to my room and began my normal routine.

Watching Kpop until 1 in the morning.

Suddenly an idea came to me and I opened up a new tab. I typed in JYP into the search bar and clicked their official site.

'AUDITION ONLINE'

I saw the bold print and click it instantly. I read all the information and filled out the application. Then I stopped.

I didn't have a video of myself singing. I quickly glanced through all of my videos and none of them were the ones I wanted to send to the biggest Kpop company. Pushing myself off of my bed I made my way downstairs past my mother and father cuddling on the couch and towards my father's music room at the back of the house.

I set myself up and faced my laptop's camera towards me and pressed the start button.

"Hello. My name is Jai LIn and this is my audition for vocals." I said smiling brightly as I moved hair out of my face. I took a deep breath in and began singing, Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor. Once I was finished I crept back up stairs to my room and hit send. I went to bed with hopes and a smile plastered on my face.

~~~

Standing outside my school I waited for my friends. I held my chemistry binder to my chest as I saw BaeYoung and Emilee. They were chatting lively to each other when they had come up to me. My phone had vibrated in my pocket but I ignored it completely.

"Hey, are you going to the game tonight?" Emilee asked me a soon as they had reached me.

"Maybe, depends on what my mom says." I said and smiled when my phone vibrated once again.

We started walking down the hall and my phone had vibrated again. Rolling my eyes I took it out and saw I had three unread emails. I tapped on the older one and it read.

Hello Jai Lin,

Us at JYP would like to inform you we had gotten your video. We were very impressed in your singing abilities would like you to come join us in the next week or so and become a trainee. The next two emails will explain to you what this company is about and your plane ticket.

JYP Entertainment.

"Holy shit." I mumbled out and looked up from my phone. Emilee and BaeYoung stopped talking and looked at me.