Part 1

I look down at the ceremony from the ceiling, grin slightly behind the cloth covering my mouth. They have no clue I'm here, none at all. But who am I to judge? At this very moment, only me myself am able to see me. Stealth. The thing I'm best at, no doubt.

I bite my lip to stop the chuckle that wants to escape my mouth and bury my claws even deeper into the wooden planks. It's soon time to strike, and I can't wait to see their faces when their beloved leader gets beheaded from my sharp blade. This is perfect, they don't even suspect a thing. Stupid creatures.

Just before I prepare to jump down I sway my tail from side to side a little, in pure excitement, as if I were a cat on the hunt. I let go and fall towards him, pulling my swords out of their protections and slice his head of in a clean cross-cut. Everyone around me stands up in fear as the dog's head rolls away on the floor, leaving a bloody trail after it. Looking around as if they're all crazy, the other men pull out their swords, some shaking to hard that they can barely hold them.

A wicked smile covers my face as I unstealth and the cloth previously hiding half my face slips down. One of the men, a fierce looking wolf, charges at me with a crazed look all over his face. I just step aside, dodging his attack, and he stumbles, falls flat on his tummy on the old wooden floor. I take that opportunity to jump up and throw some of my newly sharpened shurikens hard into his back. I land on top of him and I hear how he coughs as I do. Smiling, I press my foot to his neck, and slowly penetrate it with my sharp claws, standing there for almost a full minute before I step off of him.

"So.." I chuckle and kick with my right leg to get most of the blood away from my foot. "Anyone else who have any objections about this execution?" I ask, holding some shurikens between my dark fingers, spectating their behavior.

I snort at them and pull out my already thrown shurikens from the back of the wolf, making him bleed even more in the process, and put them back in the pouch. I take a quick glance at my work before I once again stealth and leave, taking the dog's head with me on my way out.

"Father." I say, and before he can even turn towards me, I drop the leader's head on the floor in front of my feet. "Here's what you asked for."

He looks up at me with his clouded eyes and gives me a gentle smile before looking down on the head. The black and white fur, as well as is gray hair, is now all stained with red, thick blood. I look into the dead man's blue eyes and squat. I sit down and cross my legs, and I then grab the head and hold it in front of me. The dog's ears are soft, as well as the even shorter fur covering his face. Wondering what he had done to my father in order to deserve this fate, I stare at him with a plain expression.

"Good job, my student." father says and pats my head.

I pull back my white ears so he can pat me more and I hide my proud expression behind my cloth, as usual. There's just no way I'd show him how good I feel about myself, he'd get furious with me if I did, and that's the last thing I want to experience. I grab his hand and place it on the dead man's head, smiling a little as I show him my face.

"Go and take him to the others." I say and stand up when he's buried his fingers in the dog's white, soft hair. "I'll take my leave now, I'll be back after I've helped aunt and uncle." I say and leave before my father have time to reply. I don't really like to stay at home and do nothing, I prefer to stay active and get a lot of stuff done so I can go to bed and sleep well at night. Even if it's just simple farm work with my aunt, I'll gladly do my best to help and forget that I'm a killer for a while. It's relieving.

Before I leave my room, I make sure to hide my swords well. I look down at myself, my legs now hidden behind a dark, thin yukata. On this one, I've ripped of the sleeves so I can wear it while visiting my uncle, since they'd just be in the way with all the work I'd do there.