Mission Possible

Disclaimer: I do not own Glee and its characters.

It is exactly 3:00 a.m.; three hundred hours in military time. She has approximately one hour and thirty minutes to accomplish this mission.

She thinks that the allotted time is more than enough.

A glance to the mirror on her right showed how ready she is for the this. With the aid of the dim light emitting from the bedside lamp, she scrutinized herself, mentally checking for any flaws. She decided to be a cliché and don an all-black ensemble: black tights topped with a black skin-tight long-sleeved shirt and black socks (for extra stealth) as her footwear. A black beanie completed it all and she knows she's ready to go.

Satisfied, she tore her eyes from the mirror and into the metallic clutters of gizmos and gadgets scattered on her bed. She carefully picked it all one-by-one, inspecting it for flaws at whatnot—she wouldn't want anything to not work in the middle of the mission—before putting it all in a black bag that she "borrowed" from Jacob.

Well, except for one device.

A satisfied smile graced her lips as she picked up the object: a military-issued night vision goggles that Alexis managed to "borrow" for her. She then wore it and watched as a greenish hue tinged her vision.

Satisfied, she slung the black bag on both her shoulders and nodded to herself. And with that, she's ready and she's confident that it'll be a successful mission.

She padded towards the exit door of her headquarters, reaching out for the doorknob and carefully turning it with a firm determination on her face.

It's show time.

The hallway is predictably dark but that's not a problem with her night vision googles. The environment is tinged with green, her vision perfectly revealing all the nook and crannies. Very carefully, she started to tiptoe towards her mission place.

With the aid of her sock-covered feet, she practically made no noise against the floorboards. And with ninja-like grace aided by the goggles, she managed to avoid the occasional lamps, statues, and potted plants that are scattered here and there.

Her glow-in-the-dark wristwatch told her that five minutes have gone by as she now stood at the mission entrance: a wooden door at the far end of the hallway. She drew in a big breath and stood still while counting ten seconds backward, mentally preparing herself for what she was about to do.

Slowly, she unslung her bag, reached inside, and oh-so-carefully extracted what she would need: a set of lock picking tools. Remembering those three days of non-stop practice, she patiently worked on the door's lock until she heard that satisfying 'click'.

Phase one complete.

She carefully put the tools back inside the bag and slung it again over her shoulders. She then carefully opened the door and held her breath as the door's hinge creaked slightly. Slowly, she managed to slip inside without being detected before carefully closing the door behind her.

Her eyes surveyed the inside of the room and took it all in—greenish hue and all. Right now, she can't exactly pinpoint any colors adorning the room but she knows the layout enough to see the big picture: light cream walls with red and gold.

It's always red and gold and it never changes.

A little smile tug at her lips at the predictability. It's comforting and yet limiting.

And it has to stop.

Back to work.

Across the room, there's a door. The mission door. She tiptoed toward it but not without bypassing the queen-sized bed in the middle of the room. A tuft of light-colored hair is peeking at the top of the blanket coupled with a gentle rise and fall of breathing that indicates deep sleep.