Chapter 1: Adoption

"Get ready kids! We have more people coming in to adopt!"I hear yelling echoing throughout the rooms. Slowly getting up from the bottom bunk of my shared bed, I get my black noodle strap tank top, dark blue jeans, my unbuttoned black and white flannel shirt, black running shoes, and put on my nerdy black glasses. I walk out and see all the girls looking for their make-up and boys looking for clean clothes and deodorant. We hear the bell for someone walking throught the door and I walk into the room as one of the last ones. Everyone gets in a line of height order and I'm in the middle somewhere. A couple walks in and the woman who takes care of us names us off. They pick the sixth boy named off, Maxwell, and he runs to pack up. Three other couples come in and pick a girl named Bridget, a girl named Hannah, and a boy named Zackary. Each time they never got close to me. "Ok boys and girls, this is the last pair to come in today." She says as two men walk in. A young man with brown hair and an older looking man that has black hair. Each time she suggested someone, they shook their heads no. Finally she reaches me and skips over to the next girl, "And this is Hayley, she is 18 and loves to-" "You skipped the girl in black." The younger looking one says. "Who?" She says looking confused. The older one points to me. "Oh, trust me, I wouldn't suggest her." They motion for her to continue and she does eventually, sighing. "This is Kayla, she is 15, likes to draw, sing, dance, and read alone." They look at each other and nod, "We'll adopt her." They say together. My eyes open wide and I run to grab my already packed black bags and backpack. "We all know they'll return you in less than a week!" Hayley yells out of jealousy. I run back and look her dead in the eyes. "Want to bet?" And hold out a five dollar bill. She nods quickly and I put it back in my pocket before she can grab it out of my hands. "Bye." I say to her and walk with the two men out the door, since they already signed the papers. We get into a taxi and they drop us off infront of the woods that people say die in all the time. I grin and happily walk behind them. The younger one looks behind himself at me and says, "You're not scared?" I shake my head no and he continues, "I've heard people have died in here, and they're still finding bodies too." He laughs a little evily and the older one hits him in the back of the head. "I was just joking.." He says rubbing the back of his head. "You shouldn't joke about that, yet." I look at them curiously before we reach a mansion. I look at them questioningly before I see they've grown in height and have no faces. I stare at them with my mouth open wide. I've seen them before, online. They're Splendorman and Slenderman. They walk into the mansion and motion for me to come forward. I slowly walk forward, up the steps, and through the door. Looking around I see BEN Drowned on the Wii playing Mario Kart with Jeff the killer, Ticci Toby, Hoodie, and Masky. Behind them, sitting on the couch is Laughing Jack and Trenderman. I stand in the doorway awkwardly, and walk in a little more, getting the attention of Trenderman. He stands up and walks over to me, "Sweetie, you really shouldn't wear normal jeans, skinny jeans are all the fad these days. And flannel, oh god no." He says and walks up the stairs, "I'll design you a new outfit and get you later to try it on." I look up to Slenderman, "Don't worry child, I'll take your bags up and you can stay down here and meet everyone." He whispers in my ear. Splendorman shoves me forward after Slenderman leaves with my bags, but I still have my backpack. He clears his throut and Hoodie pauses the game. "This is Kayla, a new member of our household. If anyone harms her, Slenderman says he will deal with them personally." He shoves me forward again and I get the hint to sit on the couch. After I sit down I look at my feet. "So~, how old are you?" Laughing Jack says, with a lot of laughing afterward. I don't respond and keep looking down. "You going to answer? Or are you just going to ignore me?" He says, and I can tell he's a little angry. I don't want him to get angry at me so I just say quietly, "F-fifteen.." And start playing with my hands, trying to distract myself. "Aww, you're too old to play with. What a shame." He says to himself. I hear quiet footsteps and see Sally walking down the stairs, she grabs my sleeve, along with Laughing Jack's, and tugs on them. "Can we have a tea party?" She says sleepily and I get up. "S-sure." I say quietly, and he's already walking away. I follow both of them until we reach a pink door and she opens it. Her bed still has the covers on the otherside, showing she just got up from a nap. Laughing Jack gets everything for the tea party and I just stand againt the door, not knowing what to do. They both sit down in two of the four chairs and Sally places her bear on the chair next to her. "Are you going to sit down?" Sally asks, looking curiously at me. I nod my head and sit down slowly next to Laughing Jack, again. "Have you never been to a tea party before?" Laughing Jack asks me. I shake my head no. "Well then we have to make this one amazing, right L.J.?" Sally says and smiles widely. L.J. grins evilly and nods, "I guess we do, Sally."