Prologue

Author's Note: Hello! Thank you for reading my fanfic! This is just for fun, so don't expect me to update often! I just recently (binge) watched Haikyuu and just need to let my love for these dorks flow somewhere... Anyways, onwards with the story!

Key: (F/N)=First Name (L/N)=Last Name

Disclamer: I do not own Haikyuu and all rights go to the original author!

A young girl stepped out of the airport and breathed in the fresh air. She turned to her mom, who was also enjoying the fresh air that enveloped this small town in the Miyagi Prefecture in Japan. The girl grinned as she looked around the new area. Her mom, now sighing lightly, looked at her daughter with a slight frown.

"(F/N), are you okay? I mean because of me you had to move and quit the volleyball-"

"I'm sure, mom," the girl known as (F/N) interrupted, "besides, it's too late now. And I told you I wanted to live with you and beat down this disease you have!"

  (F/N) twirled around to face her mother. Her mom still looked slightly guilty.

"The national volleyball team invited you, but you can't join because Tokyo is far... And you absolutely refused to live there or remain at (country), where you could have continued playing with your team."

The girl rolled her eyes and said, "Jeez, mom, I already said I'm fine! You're more important and I want to spend my time with you! Plus," (F/N)  started jumping in excitement,"living in Japan is so cool! And I can always join the high school team! It's not like I'm giving up volleyball. And remember what the doctor said? I can't play volleyball for more than one set because of that knee injury."

  (F/N)'s mom sighed in defeat. She looked up at her daughter's smiling face and finally returned it. 

"You could have at least chosen a high school with a strong team. I mean, Aoba Johsai and Shiratorizawa have strong teams, but instead you chose Karasuno-"

"But those schools are far from home!" the girl cut off her mother again, "I want to be able to visit you everyday once you get admitted into the hospital!"

"Maybe we should have bought a house instead of agreeing to live with you grandparents..."

"But then you would be alone! Jeez, this conversation is going nowhere! I'm happy where we are right now, okay? Now let's go see Grandpa and Grandma! They are probably waiting for us anxiously!"

With that, the family started their new journey.

A/N: By the way, this takes place before the training camp with Nekoma and Fukurodani! It's about the same time Yachi joined!