Just Joel

AUTHORS COMMENTS

This is part one of many. It will be a series called 'Just Joel.' I get my inspirations from a series of novels called 'The Repairman Jack Series.'

INTRO

This character and story is loosely based on a Character called 'Jack' from a series of novels called "Repairman Jack." I got some of my ideas from these novels but do not entirely depend on them for strength and a foundation for my story.

Joel is a middle-aged Scotsman who lives in the city of Glasgow, he owns a house in the city centre and lives a great lifestyle. But outside of Joel's normal life, there is something very different about him. Whenever somebody has a problem but cannot deal with it legally, for a price, Joel will fix it for them, wether it be a lost person or something being stolen from them but it not actually belonging to them in the first place.

WEDNESDAY

Joel woke at eight, exhausted from the night before. He rises, washes, shaves and dresses before checking his emails and texts. Just as he logs onto AOL, the familiar buzz of his BlackBerry jolts him to life. As he pours his coffee, his MacBook Pro bleeps to alert him of a new email. The subject reads "STOLEN BRIEFCASE!" Joel reads on. "Hi Joel, I was recommended to you by a close friend, she says that I could trust you with anything, a briefcase was stolen from my residents last night containing valuable information, I must have it returned immediately.

Kyle."