Part 1

The weather was somewhat eccentric, as if someone had breathed in and forgot to exhale; waiting weather.  It seemed as if the earth mother revealed her precognition only in whispers of wind.

I lay on my bed, eyes closed, hearing  the whispers; they are impossible to comprehend.  I guess that  it is just a warning of rain, maybe thunder.  If it was something more, a Feoran messenger would already have been sent with news. The Feast today will not be delayed; Incindion training and assignments for Unit C will not be either.  I lay like this for another half hour hearing the whispers get more urgent. They scream and howl, attempting to say something, wanting to tell.

I forced my eyes to greet an already menacing sky. Dark clouds rolled in quickly like waves, covering the sky and spreading rapidly. The storm was coming too fast; the whispers came just a few hours before the clouds.

Reluctantly, I got out of my bed, running my fingers over the bruises decorating my sides.  Forcing my body to stand on swollen, muddy feet, I head to the bathrooms.  Training had been rough the day before and sweat still covered my forehead like bread on butter.  After showering, I glanced at the mirror as I changed; I had to look decent today.  My eyes were unforgiving, they showed me the truth. The mirror reflected back a creature that was not human: long black hair, soulless brown eyes, a brownish complexion made darker due to the ash and dust embedded in it.  I was twenty but looked older; I was tired.  The small cuts that decorated me did not help much either.  Eventually I gave up, I would be masked anyway.