1. Falling

Disclaimer: all rights go to Cassandra Clare
Emma POV

It hit her like a bombshell. She was in love with her best friends brother. how would Jules, her parabati take  this ? All of these thoughts crowded her head until she berated herself sharply " pull yourself together Emma Cordelia Carstairs he probably doesn't even like you anyway" . Her reverie was interrupted by Juls shouting " Emma dinner!" And she ran down the stairs.

When  she got to the dinner table all the Blackthorns were concentrated on their food , well most of them both Jules , her parabati and Mark, his  older half brother looked up as she came into the room . She smiled at them and said " hey guys Jules what's for dinner?" " spaghetti " Jules answered then she sat down and she ate dinner quickly and rushed back to her room before ether of the boys could talk to her.

Mark point of view

Mark knew that he had to talk to Emma because he saw her agitation at dinner and he wanted to check that she was okay. He approached her door and knocked on it twice and she answered on the second knock and she said " Mark, what do you want! " he looked at her wistfully and he said " I want to talk to you about dinner you looked.... Agitated and I wanted to check if there was anything wrong " she looked at him and said  " there's nothing wrong except .....I have a crush on you which I've had ever since  I was 13 and I don't think that you like me back " his eyes widened at Emma's confession and before she could walk away he leaned in and kissed her and when he pulled back Emma was still standing there and he said" sorry I didn't mean-" but he was cut off when Emma kissed him and said " it's okay Mark I love you so much I can't believe it" and then he leaned down to kiss her again.