01

-namjoon pov-
¡major cringe warning! - feel like re-writing this whole book.

hoseok-can you get me this book? It's called 'To kill a mockingbird', I need it for work ugh, thanks! xx

namjoon-why do you always get me to do your dirty work? I'm busy, can't you get it?

hoseok-please, pretty please with a cherry on top! I will do anything for you

namjoon-jfc, hoseok I've already told you, no

hoseok-gosh, joonie, you're so mean :(

namjoon-for the last time, stop calling me that!

hoseok-I will if you get me the book, joonie :)))

namjoon-oh my lord, okay

hoseok-yaayy, thanks xx

I smiled at the conversation me and Hoseok just had and stuffed my phone into the back pocket of my jeans, it was a good idea that I had decided to go out for lunch today since it would've been harder to get to the bookstore if I was home.

I quickly ate what was left of my sandwich and drank some water before paying and leaving the café, the sun was shining and not much people were walking around, a perfect day. "Aish, where was the bookstore again?" I mumbled to myself as I ran a hand through my hair in annoyance, I looked around before a small green coloured building caught my eye, 'tranquil readers bookstore', "ahh, I haven't been there in a long time" I thought to myself as I made my way across the street and into the building.

As soon as I entered in the cool air of the small home-like bookstore greeted me, I looked around to see shelves and shelves filled with different types of books, and amongst it all stood a man behind the cash register.

"Welcome! to the tranquil readers, how may I help you?"

I stared at the man and did not realise that I was doing so, what happened to the old lady that used to work here? Who was this new guy? He had a lilac sweater on and neatly combed hair as well as a huge grin displayed across his face.

"Um, hello?"
"Ah..h, s..sorry, I was wondering if uhhh, you had any books?"

The man giggled, which made me smile, I wanted to hear that sound again, wait...what are you thinking Namjoon! Snap out of it!

"Well you've come to the right place! This is a bookstore"

He cut me out of my trance, oh right Hoseok's book.

"Uh, yeah well I'm looking for one book in particular, I think its name was,  To Kill a Mockingbird?"
I replied walking closer to the counter.

"Ah yes, not my favourite but I'm pretty sure you will like it."

"Actually it's not for me, I'm not the type to read those kind of books."
I answered scratching the back of my neck and following after the man.

"Here, it's our last one, I hope your girlfriend enjoys it."
The man replied handing me the book with a smile.

"Thanks! But it's not for my girlfriend either."
I said with a quiet chuckle as I walked back to the counter to pay for the book.

"Oh, so for a friend then?"

"Yes, he works as a librarian."

"I wanted to be a librarian, but I became a bookstore owner instead, it's 6.90 for the book by the way."

"So you really like books, huh?"
I questioned handing the total amount to him.

"Yes! I've loved books all my life, not as much as I love video games but I love books."
He giggled.

"Sweet, well I guess I have to go now, nice talking to you."
I said with disappointment, grabbing my receipt.

"Yeah, have a great day."

I turned to make my way out of the building but forgot to do one thing.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"My name is Jin, Kim Seokjin, and you are?"

"Namjoon, can I have your number? Maybe we can catch up sometime and read a book?"
I questioned with a laugh.

"Yeah sure, Namjoon, I'll give you my number."
Jin smiled

                                                                              * * *
edit - 11/01/2020
hello! i just want to say thank you for all the wonderful people that have voted/commented on this story. i never expected to ever have this many people read such a hot mess- i would like to point out a few facts about this story so that you have an idea of what is in store for you. i wrote this when i was around 14/15? so i apologise for grammatical errors, plot line and the poor character development that litters this story. i refrain from calling it a "book" because it is hardly one, every 'authors note' i have written throughout this story, some painful to look at, are just remnants of younger me. all i am trying to say is that, i hope that this story alone does not reflect what i have done as a novice writer!! i have written worse (of course) and i have written much better. my recommendations to you would be: skin, without man, carnations and bittersweet. albeit, they too show a glimpse of my past skills. i no longer write fan fictions or chapter by chapter stories and have stuck to poetry (that has not been published here.) i hope that this stands as a message to you all that you grow with your art, whatever type of art it may be. i still keep this story up because it is 1) hilarious and 2) good to look back at how much my writing style has changed. i hope you find some humour in all this because i certainly do. this story does not deserve you all whatsoever and i know that there are many more smaller authors who deserve it more than i and hope that one day they will receive it!!

Ahaha, so I decided to do another book even though I am not getting much reads on my other one, sadly.
I had a great idea for a story and decided to write in case I forgot.
Again, I do not intend to copy anyone, if this sounds like another book it is but a mere coincidence and I sincerely apologise.

d.w