I'm Sorry

I looked at the room before. Everything I owned was packed into boxes and in my car. It looked so different and plain. As if I was never even in his life. It felt weird.

I told myself to be strong as I took off the necklace he gave me when he told me that he loved me. I took one last look at it before throwing it on the bed and walking out of the apartment for the last time.

I drove to the one place I knew I could count on to stay until I got back onto my feet. Swikku's house.

Well, it wasn't just her. She and Neeraja shared an apartment in downtown London, and we shared the place before I moved in with... Him.

I knocked on the door, and waited for it to be answered. Neeraja opened the door and pulled me inside and hugged me while I sobbed out the entire story.

I heard a knock at the door and Neeraja went to open it, and Swikku entered. "This is like the 5th time you forgot your key," she muttered and they both came to comfort me.

***

Several tubs of ice cream later, the inevitable question was asked. "Could I move back in?" "Yes yes yes! And you can stay as long as you li--" Swi was interrupted by a banging at the door. "Who's that?" I asked.

The door opened and a sopping wet Kinza came panting in. "Word of advice, don't go out there," she said, panting. "Did you run here?!" I asked, almost forgetting my own problems entirely. "What gave it away?" she said sarcastically.

"Go take a shower before you catch a cold," I ordered. She muttered something under her breath and headed for Swi's room. "But what happened, exactly?"

Flashback

Oli and I were at a party last night, and naturally, there was alcohol. We'd been having a tough time lately and I figured, 'Hey, why not?'.

When I still had some control of my body, I went to find Oli to go back home. I went stumbling about and bumped into Matt (Nichols).

"Uh, I don't think that would be the best idea," he covered. "But whyyyy?" I slurred. He dragged me out for air and pulled out his phone. "Matt sent me this," he said quietly as he showed me a picture of Oli kissing a girl.

End of flashback

I was sobbing by the end of it. Everyone was surrounding me and trying to comfort me and I couldn't help but cry even more.

We spent the rest of the time watching cheesy chick flicks like The Vow, Saving Private Ryan, Dear John, Nights in Rodanthe. Eventually, halfway during Nights, we all got tired and went to sleep.

Two hours later, I was rudely awoken by someone's car alarm going off. I tried to go back to sleep, but I just couldn't. It was almost as if my mind was compelling me to stay awake because something was going to happen.

I crept toward the window, and before I could open it, a pebble hit it. "Go back to sleep," Kinza mumbled. I ignored her and put my face closer as my eyes adjusted to the lack of light. "Oli?" I whispered.

I climbed down and jumped off the ledge. Oli had done it several times before, so I figured it was easy. I jumped down and almost fell flat on my face if he hadn't caught me. "I still hate you."

"San, just give me a chance," He said, eyes glinting in the moonlight. I sighed and gestured for him to continue. "I'm sorry for being a dick lately, but something happened and I didn't know how to tell you so I... I didn't."

A small silence fell. "What happened?" He took a deep breath and said, "My mum's dying." I took a step forward and hugged him tight. "You smell awful," I commented quietly.

He chuckled and I let go. "As long as we're, um, confessing things, I should tell you something," I said, staring at my shoes. "Okay..." He said. "But promise me you won't freak out!" I said.

"I swear to whoever led me to you, I will do whatever it takes to keep you with me. I fucking swear that I will love you forever, and goddamit Sanya Tigga, will you marry me? I promise I'll get you a better ring lat--" I cut him off with a kiss, tears flowing violently.

"Oliver Scott fucking Sykes, don't you dare get me a fancy expensive ring. Don't change it for anyone. Understand?" "Now what did you want to tell me?" I just kissed him more, lips moving in sync.

"I'm pregnant," I mumbled on his lips. His eyes grew wide and a grin spread across his face as he spun me around as I squealed. "I'm gonna be a Daddy," he mused. "A very good one too."