Chapter One

Quick disclaimer: All characters from the Gossip Girl universe and all existing lines, GG blasts plots, etc. belong to the program creators, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, and most of all, the author of the Gossip Girl books, Cecily von Ziegesar. If I did own these things, I'm sure I would have quite a bit more money than I do now. I do, however, own my original character, and her incredibly insane mindset (coming from my very own brain). Please do not try to steal any ideas from my main character as that would hurt both her and me. Without further ado, enjoy the first chapter of It's Not An Obsession!
Chapter One
        Serena Van Der Woodsen... She is perfect. Unlike me. Flawless hair, beaming smile, slender body. Everything any guy or girl would want. We've never actually spoken, but she seems so kind and just, well... perfect. Today is the day. Today, I become Serena. I walk over to the posters of her on my wall and look closely at every aspect of her. Then I move over to the other wall, the wall where I stick all of the Gossip Girl blasts that mentioned or were targeted to Serena. The first step to becoming Serena is looking like her. I move over to my vanity, and look at myself for a moment. I have hazel eyes that, in my opinion, are too close together. My nose is long, and very rounded at the end, which doesn't suit my stern jaw. If I truly want to be like Serena, I have to go way too far. Plastic surgery is my only option. Luckily, the lady that works at the variety store has a husband that is a plastic surgeon. She gave me his card once. Hmm... Where did I put it? I was smart enough to keep it, knowing that my obsession with Serena would grow. Whaddya know? I had put it in my vanity drawer. I grab the card and punch the number into my phone.
"Hello?"
"Hi, my name is Violet Edison. I know your wife, Cathy. She gave me your card. I was wondering if I could book an appointment?"
"Yes, of course. I have a spot at--"
"The soonest you have. I'm looking for a complete makeover."
"My soonest is tomorrow at four-thirty. Does that work for you?"
"Yes."
"Okay, I will see you then, Ms. Dickens."
"See you then!"
Okay. Step one is complete.

        Good morning! What an exciting day it will be today! I can finally start to be perfect. I can finally be Serena. Prior to my appointment, I will go shopping. I can't be Serena without the clothes! First I must check Gossip Girl, to see where Serena is.
Spotted: S and B shopping up a storm at Marc Jacobs. Everything seems okay now, but let's see what happens when S finds out what B's been doing with Lonely Boy on the sidelines...
Poor Serena... Why does she hang out with that Waldorf witch when she could be hanging out with me? Someone who truly loves and appreciates her? I get dressed, something very Serena-esque: a long, flowing tank with a short skirt and fake Marc Jacob heels. My long brown hair looks so ugly compared to Serena's. My hair. I will do that today too. When I go shopping I will pick up some blonde dye, and some sea salt spray to finish off the effect. I only have six hours until my appointment, and with the amount of shopping I need to do remake myself, I need to hurry.
        It is now 12 minutes and 43 seconds until my appointment, so I have to cut my shopping spree a little short. I finish paying, using all the birthday money, Tooth Fairy money, and any money I ever had (what's left of it) and leave the store. The surgeon's office is about 10 minutes down the road, so I will be approximately 1 minute and 13 seconds late, if I include traffic. Approximately. The car ride was 1 minute and 11 seconds long, so I was actually 2 seconds earlier than I expected. Even better. When I enter the office, I smell flesh, and a rush goes through my body. It's finally happening! I will admit, it is sort of disturbing, the smell of burning flesh, but I am okay with it because I am about to become Serena Van Der Woodsen! The perfect girl. I know there isn't much that the surgeon can do about my disgustingly close-together eyes, but then again, I know nothing about plastic surgery so maybe he can do something. I take the picture I chose of Serena that I cut out from a magazine. It's my favourite one of her. She has her hair down and is wearing a white dress with tribal print outlined in silver glitter. Her smile makes me smile, and I shed a tear. How can anyone be so perfect? But what is more important is that I'm about to be that perfect.
        The doctor, Dr. Thompson, stepped out of his office and gestures for me to enter. Inside was a girl, crying.
"Thank you so much, Doctor," she wailed. "I have never felt this beautiful!" She is holding a small mirror in her hand and slowly feeling her face, looking astonished in the mirror.
"Could you leave?" I say, completely irritated. I have no time to wait for her stupid moment. "It's my turn now. Haven't you ever heard of privacy?" She leaves the room, further surprised at my rude attitude. Like I care. I need to be Serena and nothing can stop me. Not even some ugly creep. The doctor gives me a slight look of disgust and turns around to type on his laptop.
"Make yourself comfortable," he says. "Do you have a photo preference for me?"
"Yes," I say while I grab the photo of Serena from my purse.
"Ah, Ms. Van Der Woodsen, I see why you chose her. She's quite the young lady," he says. Yeah. Quite the lady is right. And soon I will be just like her. Maybe even better.
"Are you sure about this? Once you go through with it, it's very hard to get you to look like your old self again," the doctor explains.
"Trust me. I want this. I always have." He lays my head down and grabs the numbing medication for me, and a small paper cup with some tap water. I take the three pills, and lie back down. He brings the drill close to my face and starts. Here we go, folks. The moment we've all been waiting for.
It takes me around 4 hours to come back to normal. Apparently the doctor was nice enough to drive me home. I touch my face. It feels so different. I stand up from my bed, and look in my vanity. It worked. I look just like Serena. Just like I planned.