Candy

Stiles Stilinski hated surprises. But one of his favourite candies came in one of those boxes that didn't tell you which candy you were getting. 

"Ugh why can I never figure out which one I'm getting?" He groaned to himself as he picked up a random one to inspect. 

"I think that's strawberry." His best friend Scott McCall chirped as he sat down on the couch next to him and Stiles sent him a questioning glance. 

"You sure?" The werewolf just rolled his eyes and sniffed the air once. 

"Yea, pretty sure. Might be grape though." He mused and Stiles threw his hands up in the air in frustration.

"How can they smell similar?" 

"I dunno, bro. You need to just trust me on this one." Stiles threw him another distrustful look, but unwrapped the candy and popped it in his mouth. Grape. 

"It was grape, dummy." He sighed and Scott growled softly. 

"'s what I said!" Stiles simply cocked a brow and took another candy out of the box for Scott to sniff. 

"Banana." Stiles crinkled his nose in disgust and let the candy fall back into the box, only to retrieve another one. 

"Cherry." Scott mumbled as he continued watching tv. 

"Allergies." Stiles huffed and dropped the cherry candy. This continued for a while, Scott watching tv and Stiles holding out candy to sniff, but then...

"Strawberry." Scott said. 

"Bro, I swear if this is wrong again-" Stiles left the threat hanging and unwrapped the candy to pop it in his mouth. 

"Oh no." He suddenly blanched and spit out the candy. 

"What?" Scott mumbled, uninterested. 

"Cherry." He got up and ran into the kitchen, where he chugged a glass of water. "Scotty-", but his shout ended in a choked gurgle that made Scott turn his head, only to find his friend standing next to him with a red face and a seemingly swollen tongue. 

"Dude! We're going to the hospital." He exclaimed and Stiles gurgled something that was probably a sarcastic remark but it was probably best that Scoot couldn't make it out. 

"How bad is this allergy of yours?" Scott asked and Stiles tried answering again but yet again his words didn't quite manage to pass over his tongue that lay heavy and swollen in his mouth. 

Luckily for the two boys who were rushing into the hospital, Melissa McCall was on call that night. She managed to get Stiles the right medication before anything bad could happen to the pale boy. Stiles had to spend the rest of the night in the hospital and he swore to himself never to trust Scott again. At least not where Candy was concerned. 

Stiles tried this candy sniffing on the others as well; Erica told him to go away (in less gentle terms), Boyd simply ignored him, Isaac and Liam usually got it wrong (which landed him in the hospital another three times) and he didn't even attempt to ask Jackson. That left Stiles with one last hope; Derek. His Sourwolf was sitting on the couch with Stiles as the pack watched a movie together when Stiles tried it for the first time. 

He snuck a glance at the handsome wolf, who was (unsurprisingly) not paying much attention to the film, but reading a book. So Stiles grabbed the box full of candy carefully, trying not to disturb the rowdy wolves in front of him, and picked up a random one, shoving it under Derek's nose without a word. 

"Stiles...?" Derek growled in warning and Stiles sighed. 

"Please just tell what flavour it is, ok?" Derek raised one of those stupidly perfect, dark eye-brows at Stiles and the human found himself pouting. 

"Wild berry." He grumbled and Stiles grinned as he unwrapped the candy to eat it. "It's supposed to be a surprise, you know?"

"Yes, I know, Sourwolf, but I hate surprises." Stiles rolled his eyes as if to say 'duh? how did you not know this?' and Derek just raised those eye-brows again and just turned back to the book. Stiles continued to hold candy under his nose to sniff and Derek got it right every time. To say Stiles was impressed, didn't cover the half of it. So he appointed Derek his personal candy-wolf. Not that he ever said that out-loud, because surely he'd have an angry sourwolf slamming him into the next wall and threatening to rip his throat out- with his teeth, boyfriend or no boyfriend. 

"Cherry." Derek's grumble made Stiles drop the candy quickly as he mumbles 'allergy' under his breath. He didn't think anyone was paying attention but a few weeks later, when he was at Derek's loft with the older wolf, he pulled out a box of candy again. 

"How much of that candy do you eat, Stiles?" Derek huffed and Stiles just rolled his eyes and took the first one out to shove under Derek's nose. By now Derek was used to it so he simply took a whiff and-

"Berry." Stiles grinned as he popped the candy into his mouth, already grabbing the next one. Derek continued reading his book as Stiles munched on the candies and babbled about nothing in particular to fill the silence in the room, not that Derek minded. Another candy found its way to Derek's nose and he sniffed it, the candy was already half-way to Stiles' mouth, when Derek's eyes widened and he reacted quickly, grabbing the candy and throwing it into the general direction of the kitchen. 

"Hey-!" Stiles exclaimed and Derek grinned sheepishly.

"Cherry." He muttered and turned back to his book. Stiles knew his boyfriend wasn't overly affectionate, so he was the one to lean in and press a quick kiss to his cheek, before settling against the wolf. 

"Thanks, sourwolf." He grinned and soon held another candy up for Derek to inspect. 

"Grape." He grumbled and Stiles laughed. 

"I love the grape ones." Stiles mumbled and Derek huffed.

"Mmhmm~ just remember I'm not kissing you. Grape is gross." Stiles pouted but put the grape candy back into the box, only to lean up and pucker his lips. 

"Better?" He said and Derek rolled his eyes, before kissing Stiles' pouty lips. 

"Fine. That one is grape too." He mumbled immediately as Stiles grabbed the next candy. 

"That one too." He said immediately when Stiles moved on to the next one, which was when it was Stiles' turn to raise an eye-brow at Derek, when said wolf called them all grape as soon as Stiles touched them. 

"Derek..." he whispered in warning and Derek looked up from his book innocently only to burst out into laughter at Stiles' 'serious' face. 

"It's not very nice to laugh at someone, Derek." Stiles sassed and Derek grinned. 

"I know, you weird human you. But you love me, so it's ok.", was all the usually grumpy wolf said and Stiles just rolled his eyes and shoved another candy underneath Derek's nose.

"Strawberry." Derek whispered and Stiles grinned as he leant back into Derek. The evening continued in peace with no further incidents, unless you count the one time Stiles accidentally called Derek his "personal candy-wolf" and Derek invaded his personal bubble rather spectacularly. 

[based on tumblr post in description and developed by my friend Shay and me]